Latitudes Points Correction -- NCL finally got it right!

Delawarealan

I sailed the Gem on 1/2/15. I originally booked the cruise as a solo traveller paying 200% fare in March 2014, which qualified me for double Latitudes points for being 9 months out.

In June, my son and I figured out that he was not taking any winter session classes in 2015 so he "volunteered" to come on the cruise with me. Before I called my TA to add him, I called NCL to make sure that I wouldn't lose my 2x points. They told me it would be OK. When I called the TA, I told them to remind NCL to keep the extra points promotion on the reservation.

Being the skeptic that I am, I checked with NCL in October just before final payment, in November, and in December just before boarding. Each time they said that my reservation showed that I had made it in March so I would be good.

One great cruise later (review coming), I look at my myNCL account and see that I was only given single points for the cruise. I got on the phone with NCL, and after being bounced around several departments (because of the original TA booking, nobody would commit to helping me), someone finally said that I had to submit a complaint request through the website to get this addressed (why didn't they tell me that when I first called!).

OK. I sent a very polite email giving them all details, etc. I got a response this morning saying that my reservation was never eligible for double points, so there was nothing they could do. I sent back another polite response saying that they were wrong because my reservation was made in March. Within 30 minutes I got another email from them apologizing for the confusion and saying that they had added the extra points to my account. I wouldn't have been this concerned but for the fact that I am now platinum instead of 3 points away.

Cheers to them for resolving it so quickly once I pointed out the mistake (but a few jeers for them dismissing it out of hand when I had given them all of the facts originally).

One more pet peeve -- this voyage was originally 9 nights leaving on 1/3/15, but it was changed to a 10-night leaving 1/2/15. I only found out through my roll call on Cruise Critic. NCL claims that they had no responsibility to tell me because I reserved through a TA. Wrong answer. A message through my myNCL account would have been entirely appropriate.

Again, cheers to NCL for getting my situation corrected. Now to plan my next cruise . . .

Delawarealan

I am going through this same issue right now. I had a mini suite booked 10 months out for 2x points (which brought us to Platinum). At 7 months I changed from mini suite to a balcony and an inside due to adding another child. (In addition, we talked a friend into coming and she booked the adjoining balcony) I've called NCL latitude line and emailed them with all details 7 times with no response. Can I ask what number you called?? We leave Feb 8th and I'd like to get resolved. I'm frustrated as we plan on a European cruise next year and were looking forward to Platinum for our 20th anniversary cruise....

Thanks!

Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Woohoo - glad it worked out and congrats on platinum.

And you got an extra day on the cruise? Awesome!

Now, why didn't the TA inform you? Typically when you go through a TA, NCL will notify the TA of changes and the TA notifies you. I'm not entirely sure NCL was the one who dropped the ball on this one (although it wouldn't be terrible if they notified both you AND the TA!)

I am going through this same issue right now. I had a mini suite booked 10 months out for 2x points (which brought us to Platinum). At 7 months I changed from mini suite to a balcony and an inside due to adding another child. (In addition, we talked a friend into coming and she booked the adjoining balcony) I've called NCL latitude line and emailed them with all details 7 times with no response. Can I ask what number you called?? We leave Feb 8th and I'd like to get resolved. I'm frustrated as we plan on a European cruise next year and were looking forward to Platinum for our 20th anniversary cruise....

Thanks!

Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did they view it as a change to existing or a new reservation--that could be the confusion. Did your reservation # change? If not, it should show a trail of changes and the original date of booking should show too.

Persistence usually pays off so don't give up!

I used:

guestrelations@ncl.com

latclerical@ncl.com

There was a online form that I filled out, but for the life of me I can't remember which of the "help" items it was under.

I am not sure if this helps, but your change of category (even to a lower category) might disqualify you. I didn't change category when I added my son.

Good luck.

Delawarealan

I sailed the Gem on 1/2/15. I originally booked the cruise as a solo traveller paying 200% fare in March 2014, which qualified me for double Latitudes points for being 9 months out.

In June, my son and I figured out that he was not taking any winter session classes in 2015 so he "volunteered" to come on the cruise with me. Before I called my TA to add him, I called NCL to make sure that I wouldn't lose my 2x points. They told me it would be OK. When I called the TA, I told them to remind NCL to keep the extra points promotion on the reservation.

Being the skeptic that I am, I checked with NCL in October just before final payment, in November, and in December just before boarding. Each time they said that my reservation showed that I had made it in March so I would be good.

One great cruise later (review coming), I look at my myNCL account and see that I was only given single points for the cruise. I got on the phone with NCL, and after being bounced around several departments (because of the original TA booking, nobody would commit to helping me), someone finally said that I had to submit a complaint request through the website to get this addressed (why didn't they tell me that when I first called!).

OK. I sent a very polite email giving them all details, etc. I got a response this morning saying that my reservation was never eligible for double points, so there was nothing they could do. I sent back another polite response saying that they were wrong because my reservation was made in March. Within 30 minutes I got another email from them apologizing for the confusion and saying that they had added the extra points to my account. I wouldn't have been this concerned but for the fact that I am now platinum instead of 3 points away.

Cheers to them for resolving it so quickly once I pointed out the mistake (but a few jeers for them dismissing it out of hand when I had given them all of the facts originally).

One more pet peeve -- this voyage was originally 9 nights leaving on 1/3/15, but it was changed to a 10-night leaving 1/2/15. I only found out through my roll call on Cruise Critic. NCL claims that they had no responsibility to tell me because I reserved through a TA. Wrong answer. A message through my myNCL account would have been entirely appropriate.

Again, cheers to NCL for getting my situation corrected. Now to plan my next cruise . . .

Delawarealan

I'm glad that NCL was able to resolve the issue, although with a bit of a rough patch! That said, NCL has no direct contact with guests that book through a TA, that is what the TA is getting paid a commission for. Almost certainly the TA was notified and should have been tracking your booking for you anyway and let you know of the change. NCL typically does their notifications through direct mail/phone to the guest, email and/or facebook. With a TA it is through the TA.

• 3 months later...

I was very pleasantly surprised to receive this email from NCL after numerous efforts via phone calls to receive credit for an NCL cruise I had taken years before on the Windward:

Dear Mr. Senzon:

Thank you for your email below. We apologize that you have been unable to previously resolve the issue of your missing points.

We have searched our records and have been unable to find the record of you having sailed with us prior to 08/23/2014.

However, as a courtesy, we are happy to let you know that we have added 14 points to your Latitudes account which is the maximum we are able to add without proof of sailing.

We appreciate your loyalty to Norwegian and look forward to welcoming you back on board one of our ships soon.

Sincerely;

Cheryl

Cheryl Quackenbush | Assistant Manager, Loyalty Marketing

305.436.4785 | fax 305.436.4142

cquackenbush@ncl.com

Thanks!

Lisa

Lisa,

You might be SOL. If you simply add someone to your room you're okay but if you have to change rooms they usually cancel that reservation and make a new one. If that was done......you were no longer 9 months out.

I had this happen to me once. The second time I did this I specifically asked my PCC IF he had to cancel and rebook or if he could just change the rooms. He was able to 'just change the rooms'. The first time I never asked....and my PCC simply cancelled and rebooked.

Harriet

On my last two cruises, I had booked about 11 months out. After that, a new promotion came up, and I called to add that. I always kept the same room. Each time, I was told that they had to cancel and rebook. I lost those extra points both times. I didn't know there was a different way of doing it. I just figured the free promotion was worth more than 7 points, so I accepted it.