Patisserie on CB

cindyscruise

When looking at the Princess website under dining options I found this for the CB:

Breakfast Lunch Dinner Cost

Crooners Bar Casual N/A N/A 5:00PM onward Market Price

Patisserie Casual 7:00AM 11PM based on consumption

what is served in Crooners? Hadn't heard anything about the Patisserie but I assume pastries, cookies etc?

Crooners is a regular bar that specializes in Martini"s...we never missed for pre dinner cocktails... there is lots of Rat Pack memorabila... Pastsserie as you can guess is a Pastry shop... cookies pastries and tarts.

Patrick

I don't know. I found this under dining options on the Princess site for the CB. It said for Crooners the cost was market price. But I don't know what they have for dinner? Also for the Patisserie is said based on consumption. I assume you pay for the pastries, cookies etc? or do they have speciality coffee? that you pay for? On the RCI Explorer they had a Patisserie that only charged for the latte or other special coffee not the food.

I've wondered about this, too. The only thing that I remember from my January '05 cruise on CB was coffee and some petit fours that were served mid-afternoon near one of the lounges. Not sure if there was a charge, but there was staff pouring coffee and serving the dainty little French pastries.

When I'm on the ship again next January, I'll check this out and report in my review.

Chris

This was one of our favorite spots to meet before dinner. It is down on deck 5 and is more of a coffe bar then a pastry bar. The pastry part is a small tray of danish or cookies or something like that that are free and put out on the bar. They have fresh BREWED coffee here as well as other coffee drinks. The fresh brewed is free and very good. I'd stop in every morning for a cup and to sit by the big picture windows and watch the water.

Here's a picture from the Caribbean Princess Nov 05:

http://www.expertpc.net/patisserie.jpg

Scott

This was one of our favorite spots to meet before dinner. It is down on deck 5 and is more of a coffe bar then a pastry bar. The pastry part is a small tray of danish or cookies or something like that that are free and put out on the bar. They have fresh BREWED coffee here as well as other coffee drinks. The fresh brewed is free and very good. I'd stop in every morning for a cup and to sit by the big picture windows and watch the water. Scott

Thank you, Scott.

That's it! This is what I referred to in my post above. The day that I stopped by for some really good coffee, there was a colorful display of petit fours and miniature tortes. This is what made me think that this might be the Patisserie.

Chris

This was one of our favorite spots to meet before dinner. It is down on deck 5 and is more of a coffe bar then a pastry bar. The pastry part is a small tray of danish or cookies or something like that that are free and put out on the bar. They have fresh BREWED coffee here as well as other coffee drinks. The fresh brewed is free and very good. I'd stop in every morning for a cup and to sit by the big picture windows and watch the water.

Here's a picture from the Caribbean Princess Nov 05:

http://www.expertpc.net/patisserie.jpg

Scott

Wow...that's what I have been referring to as the lobby bar. In the morning they have sweetrolls and muffins and in the afternoon I noticed cookies. I thought the sign had said lobby bar.

Wow...that's what I have been referring to as the lobby bar. In the morning they have sweetrolls and muffins and in the afternoon I noticed cookies. I thought the sign had said lobby bar.

Now that I've seen the photo, I know that it is the Lobby Bar. DH and I had wonderful coffee here several times during the cruise - better than anything in the dining room, and we don't touch the stuff in Horizon Court!). As I mentioned above, one afternoon there was the loveliest display of petit fours and miniature tortes, and I wished that I had the camera with me.

This is one spot that DH and I will visit again on our next CB cruise.

Chris

Archived