Late night arrival to Seattle...help please!

callmebetty

I am driving myself nuts over here! We are flying in the night before our cruise. Our flight lands at 12:36AM. Our ship leaves from pier 91. The struggle I am having...stay close to the airport and have a longer,more traffic influenced trip in the morning OR stay close to the pier and try to find a hotel where I can wake up and look out the window and then jump up and down on the bed to wake hubby while yelling "there's our ship, there's our ship"?

If you like option 1, where should we stay?

If you like option 2, which hotel can I see the ship from? I have tried googling but it is getting more and more confusing to try to find "hotel with view of pier 91"

Hi there...

We are arriving the night before as well this next summer, and have discovered that there are no hotels close to pier 91. Time from the airport to pier 91 is about 30 minutes. We are staying at the airport and taking a shuttle to the pier for $12 pp. Hope this helps!

Pier 91 is in an industrial type area, about 6-7 miles north of downtown Seattle. There are no hotels in the immediate area.

Hotels are much cheaper near the airport. But if you would prefer to spend a little time sightseeing prior to the cruise, staying downtown is a better option.

Hotels in the Seattle Center area are usually a bit cheaper than downtown. A cab from that area to pier 91 will cost about $20.

Don't forget that if you're coming from the east coast, it will be 3:36 AM according to your body clock.

I'd probably tough it out and get a cab or towncar to a downtown hotel. That way in the morning you can walk around - maybe hit the Pike Place market for breakfast - with your luggage at the hotel, before moving on to the cruise terminal.

By the time you'd be picked up by an airport hotel shuttle and gotten to the hotel, there probably wouldn't make much difference in the timing compared to the 20 min. cab ride from the airport to downtown.

Pier 91 is barely three miles by car from downtown Seattle, so a taxi is going to be pretty reasonable. You don't need to be at the terminal until noon or thereabouts, so you'd have enough time for a decent sleep and a relaxing morning. If you stay at the airport (which will indeed be cheaper) you'll have to figure out what to do with your luggage if you want to get to Pier 91 "in the morning."

I am driving myself nuts over here! We are flying in the night before our cruise. Our flight lands at 12:36AM. Our ship leaves from pier 91. The struggle I am having...stay close to the airport and have a longer,more traffic influenced trip in the morning OR stay close to the pier and try to find a hotel where I can wake up and look out the window and then jump up and down on the bed to wake hubby while yelling "there's our ship, there's our ship"?

If you like option 1, where should we stay?

If you like option 2, which hotel can I see the ship from? I have tried googling but it is getting more and more confusing to try to find "hotel with view of pier 91"

That's easy--there is no hotel close to Pier 91, or with a view of it. Nice idea, but sorry, it can't be done.

I don't know about you, but if my flight landed at 12:36 am, by the time I got my luggage and took ground transportation to a hotel, I would be dead on my feet--and I'm a night owl! Stay close to the airport, stumble into bed sooner rather than later, and head into town at a decent hour the next morning. You won't regret it.

Thanks everyone! It so much easier when we can hop in the car and have someone drop us in New York, but this is sure to be an adventure! I guess price will dictate the final decision. Perhaps I will choose a few areas on Priceline and let them decide :)