Money limit ? on kids sign/sail card?

sunlover5

We put on a lump sum for each kid and when it was gone it was gone. We told them they could use it or get the leftover cash at the end. 17 yr old son spent all his money in the arcarde but he is very introverted and that was his main choice of activity. 15 yr old son spent some in arcade, some in drinks and had a small amount left over. 12 yr old daughter spent a little in arcade and more than that in candy store. She had quite a bit left over so cashed out from us at the end of the cruise to use at home. Works great for us as they learn to budget and we never have to listen to them beg us for stuff.

Unless they spend a considerable amount of time in the arcade do you think they will spend 20+ each day

Our cruise in 2007 my dad stood next to a woman at guest services having a meltdown because her son had spent OVER $900 at the arcade in a week.

Um, duh?!??!! I 100% blame the parent for that. Not sure how it turned out, when dad left she was still fighting and they were saying, "sorry! But you gave him charging privileges!"

Our cruise in 2007 my dad stood next to a woman at guest services having a meltdown because her son had spent OVER $900 at the arcade in a week. "

holy crap.

I remember reading one families problem with the phone bill at the end of the week-- seemed the teen son was calling girlfriend back at home- he thought the phone in the cabin worked the same as at a hotel.

This was back in the day of the 6.99 a minute calls.