Copenhagen - Princess shuttle (re-post)

Raisinette

Hello,

I posted this on the Northern Europe section with lots of reads but no responses, so thought I'd re-post here to see if anyone can answer my question.

Here goes...

We'll be in Copenhagen in June for one day with the Royal Princess. Does anyone know if Princess normally operates a shuttle from Ocenkaj (sp?) dock into town? If so, how much roughly does it cost, how often did it run, and where was the drop off spot in town?

Thanks in advance!

No idea about Princess shuttles, but might be a public shuttle.

Can't find Ocenkaj on my mapping software - when we were there we sailed out of the Orient pier (which is basically a tent). The pier area has a public bus, but it is kind of hard to figure out whether your particular bus goes up that loop or stops at the ferry terminal and the Little Mermaid area. See info in this link for costs and public bus info.

http://www.cruiseportwiki.com/Copenhagen

The Orient pier area is only about two blocks from a major train station (one station north of the station at the north corner of the Kastelet fort).

It is about a 20 minute walk from the port entrance past the ferry port to get to Kastelet or the Little Mermaid. From there you can pick up the canal boat tour to get around town.

We had the Copenhagen Card, so all transportation in town was included, but might not be worthwhile for just one day.

We were on the Royal last year with a stop in Copenhagen. There was HOHO bus stop outside the terminal which did not have to be booked thru Princess. Cannot remember the price, but did take USD and credit cards. City bus was also available for a reasonable cost, but there was a long wait, especially with multiple ships in port. The train station was several miles from the cruise port. Traffic in the port area was horrendous. The pier where the Royal docks is in the new cruise terminal complex located close to the UNICEF complex, not within walking distance of downtown Copenhagen or the Little Mermaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by kiwimum

OP - I was on the Royal last year and, yes, Princess had a shuttle for (if I remember correctly) 10 euros (could have been dollars). It dropped us off at a very convenient location and picked us up there later.

Edited by CI66774

OP - I was on the Royal last year and, yes, Princess had a shuttle for (if I remember correctly) 10 euros (could have been dollars). It dropped us off at a very convenient location and picked us up there later.

That would be ideal if it still existed. Bus #26 appears to stop at 4:00pm, and as we don't depart until 11:00 it would be helpful if a shuttle existed for even a few hours past 4:00.

Thank you!

The HoHo buses in Copenhagen are excellent. Cheaper if you book ahead.

http://www.city-discovery.com/copenhagen/tour.php?id=2973

I got a 20% discount using code matalan20....although that may be expired now.

From memory there are two train systems - so do some research online.

One is the traditional mainline Danish railway network with a main station in the centre and other stops - the alternative is a more modern metro type which goes around and about the city.

Both access the airport and port areas as far as I recall

We were in Copenhagen last August on the Emerald Princess. We were there from 8 - 5 with all aboard at 4:30. The shuttle ran from 9:00 til 4:00. At the time it was $8.00 one way or $16.00 round trip. So 10 - 20 Euros may be right as you could use either currency.

In my signature is a link to my home page which currently has our Princess Patters. If you go to it, select the day before Copenhagen as that is when the flyer came out. It has some other info that may be of interest.

Last May, the Princess shuttle was $8 pp each way, $32 total for the 2 of us. At that time the drop-off/pick-up point was adjacent to Ste. Petri Church, in the university area. It's within walking distance of most major sites and close to a Metro as well.