Tip Voucher from Guest Services?

albertamom

I'm sure that I remember reading about this somewhere, but I was hoping to get confirmation from someone who has done this. I would like to use OBC to tip our butler and concierge. Am I right that I would just go to Guest Services and request a voucher, which I would then be able to present in a thank-you card at the end of our cruise? :)

I'm sure that I remember reading about this somewhere, but I was hoping to get confirmation from someone who has done this. I would like to use OBC to tip our butler and concierge. Am I right that I would just go to Guest Services and request a voucher, which I would then be able to present in a thank-you card at the end of our cruise? :)

That is correct. The fill out a form, one goes to the employee, one to accounting and two to you. One is your receipt and you can give the other to the employee if you want.

Also, anyone can do the same anytime. It is just a normal charge to each account.

Edited by rvsullivan

We've done that for our cabin steward. Very easy to do at Guest Services. They only had to look up the last name of our steward since we didn't know it and they needed it in order to credit his account.

We've done that for our cabin steward. Very easy to do at Guest Services. They only had to look up the last name of our steward since we didn't know it and they needed it in order to credit his account.

That is correct. The fill out a form, one goes to the employee, one to accounting and two to you. One is your receipt and you can give the other to the employee if you want.

Also, anyone can do the same anytime. It is just a normal charge to each account.

Thank you both so much! This is why I love Cruise Critic! :D

OK, so if you have OBC, will the OBC be applied to offset the tip amount? My understanding is the you can't use the OBC for the DSC, but can it be applied to extra tips like to the Butler or Concierge?

Your understanding is correct. Any OBC can be used for tips to the butler and concierge, as described above by going to Guest Services.

P.S. Sometimes, the person at Guest Services might not be familiar with this tipping process. You might need to ask to speak to the supervisor.

I did it as well a couple of days ago. Having a list ready with the full name, position and amount of money for all people will make it easier. It still took a couple of minutes for the guest service guy to write out all the paperwork.

It indeed goes towards the non refundable OBC. The only downside, if it is important to you, is that the people that receive the money are not automatically notified so they probably have to check their account manually. I did not care about them noticing or thanking me but I think for some that is important so give them the receipt.