Rude PVP

dioxide45

From my experience - PVP's very rarely know as much about the ships, prices etc than a person who has been on only a few cruises. I have called several times and they just read the blurb on the website about the various ships. TA's can occasionally get some perks like hotels etc. I don't think the prices vary at all. I think it is just as easy and cheap to book online by yourself. OF course, once you book with a TA, Carnival will have nothing to do with you - until possibly after the cruise.

Sorry you have had that experience! My PVP is just the opposite. She is very knowledgeable about the cruise line has gotten me some very good deals. Also does not harass me. I get cruise fever and start investigating, and usually have an idea of what ship and week I want. Often she finds me a way better deal. In fact I am religious about checking faresaver after I have booked and so far out of 6 cruises have only been able to find 25 OBC.

I booked a cruise on Sunday though my Carnival cruise consultant (not a PVP) for DH and myself. We've done about 15 Carnival cruises and I do the booking and all the paperwork, DH just shows up. On Monday, I get a call on my cell asking for Joel (the only people who call him that have never met him). When I asked who was calling, this guy says he is Joel's PVP and says he was looking at Joel's profile and wanted to see if he was interested in booking a cruise. I told him I had booked a cruise less than 24 hours ago and who I deal with at Carnival . He said "well, I'm his PVP so I'll just call her and work it out". I told him she takes good care of us and we didn't need his help. No way would I deal with him!

I have read threads about rude PVPs before and your post sent up a warning in my head...

I've read about people not happy with their PVP and booking instead with a customer service agent (anyone that answers the main phone #) or obtained a new PVP. They later found that their original PVP complained to their supervisor and took the booking back to get the commission. :eek:

So when he said he will " work it out" please make sure that he didn't take the booking from the person you want to have it! That would infuriate me if it was me.

Good luck!