Air boat tour

pizzadog

We would like to take a tour of the Everglades the day our ship docks in Fort Lauderdale. We would book a hotel for that night and fly home the following day. When I look at the various air boat tours they seem to leave quite early and we wouldn't be off the ship and into a hotel on time. Some of the tours we could make are a very short duration and may not be worth the extra cost. Has anyone ever done this and, if so, how did it work out?

In 2011, we rented a car and drove out to Coopertown (Everglades Tour) after a visit to Miami Beach, so it was in the afternoon, I'm sure. I think their tours went out every few hours. You probably could do some research in the Ports of Call forum.

Check here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by Vict0riann

Another option is to book a hotel that has free pick up at the airport as some of the Everglades tours keep your luggage stowed in the bus then the tour ends at an airport (you should have the choice between Ft Lauderdale and Miami airports). So once you complete the tour at the airport, just call the hotel to come and pick you up.