Magens or Coki Beach

jdro

Hi, We will be in St. Thomas with 5 other ships total of 20,000 passengers which beach would you go to? I like amenities, beach bar a place to eat and maybe some rentals, any help is greatly appreciated!

Jennifer

We go to both! We catch a cab to Coki first. Great snorkeling there. They have beach side service, beers were cheap, have a menu for food. We've never eaten here, sorry. Coki has great snorkeling, lots of fish. A fun beach with great service. You can rental equipment if you don't have any. Some people use swimming goggles only. I can't hold my breath that long. LOL It's a really fun place to spend the day. Much cheaper.

You can catch a cab from Coki to Magens, wouldn't you know I can't remember how much it costs, wasn't that much. It does cost $4.00 a person to enter Magens. They have restrooms, bar, grill. I'm sure you could ask and find out the cost of chairs etc, if you wanted to know. No reason you can't visit both if you wanted to. Food and beer, cost of entrance, chairs etc add up at Magens. Both are a lot of fun but totally different.

We are going on Carnival Liberty March 29th out of San Juan. We are doing both again, Coki and Magens. They aren't that far apart.

Wow, never thought of doing both! We are in port until 6 so we do have plenty of time! My kids like to go to Señor Frogs so we can go to the beach until 4 and have plenty of time to go in for a drink!

What day are you in St Thomas, the day we are, their are approx. 20,000 cruise passengers:eek:

Thanks for the suggestion I think we will try it!