Carnival TA bash Friday night

jimbo5544

Maybe call it the Vista Incumbent until the naming Ceremony!:D

The dates for the Vista - of the two 8-day sailings I think they're gonna have, is the second one going to be a repositioning to the homeport or will there be another date? Anybody know or can give a good guess?

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Maybe call it the Vista Incumbent until the naming Ceremony!:D

The dates for the Vista - of the two 8-day sailings I think they're gonna have, is the second one going to be a repositioning to the homeport or will there be another date? Anybody know or can give a good guess?

Carnival.com had four dates listed under Manage My Cruise, which may no longer be listed. However, a member who won a free 11 day cruise on the Vista received a voucher for a date of which clashes with the one listed on Carnival's website.

Hi Jimbo!! Thanks for the info and pics from the event, looks like it was a blast!! :D Thanks also for offering to answer any questions. I do have a few and I'm sure I'll have more in the months ahead until I sail on Vista. I'm going on the 13 Day Transatlantic from Barcelona to New York, can't wait!! :D

I was wondering about the SkyRide. Does it go fast, slow or both and how many times per ride do you get to go around the track? Also, would they let me use my GoPro on the ride (this goes for the SkyCourse, think it's called that, the one they also have on the Breeze, and the watersides)?

I was looking at the deck plans on Carnival's website and I didn't see anything that looked like a Dance Club/Disco. Are they not having on onboard or am I missing something? I thought I looked pretty carefully but maybe not.

Our cabin is on Deck 6 directly above the Havana Bar/Pool (an aft facing balcony). I know we can't use that area ( :( ) since we don't have a Havana cabin but I was wondering, do you think it will be noisy in the morning? Sometimes I like to sleep in on cruises. I don't care how loud it is at night since I'm usually up till 3 or 4 in the morning anyway so don't care.

If you're right about the naming ceremony being in NY, what should we call the ship when we're onboard? Can we call her the Vista or should we refer to her by her technical/official "name" at that point which would be Newbuild # whatever? LOL, just kidding (sorta)!! :p :D

Thanks again and I hope I get to sail with you and your wife someday (either on Vista or some other ship)!! :D

Pixelate hit most of the points. The sky ride was pretty cool from the mock up we got go experience in New York. My understanding is there are two. one for out to enjoy the scenery and one that will attract the "speedsters". Just basing this on what I was told. He is right on with the naming ceremony(again my saying it will be in New York is a guess, it could wait until the get to the actual home port - which will not be New York). I am basing this on what they did with the Dream when she came over. There is also one day between when the Vista gets to New York and when she will begin the sailings from New York. This matches what they did for the Dream in New York and the Magic in Galveston, the Breeze in Miami and the Sunshine in New Orleans. They usually have a big shin dig and a sleepover on the ship. I wish I was going on the Transatlantic with you! You will have a very good cabin for that. Enjoy the cruise and let us know how it was after you get off. Would enjoy sailing with you as well (on any ship!).

Edited by jimbo5544