MSC Club card - When will I receive mine?

Bra_BE2014

I was wondering if someone could advise me on the timeframe it took you to receive your cards. I enrolled on MSC Club in August 2014 and I can see on 'MY MSC' my points and card number.

But when will I receive the damn thing, lol! I wrote to MSC but received no reply as of yet.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if someone could advise me on the timeframe it took you to receive your cards. I enrolled on MSC Club in August 2014 and I can see on 'MY MSC' my points and card number.

But when will I receive the damn thing, lol! I wrote to MSC but received no reply as of yet.

Thanks in advance!

I signed up the same time you did...no card yet. But I have my points!:p

I signed up the same time you did...no card yet. But I have my points!:p

We received ours back in September but had signed up last April. You'll definitely want to keep track of your points though. My girlfriend and I have sailed Divina twice last year. I received the points for the nights we had spent onboard, but my girlfriend only received the points for one of the two sailings,,,so now I have to e-mail the main office in Italy to have them fix her points.:mad:

You don't really need the card because when you cruise your card will have your status on there. Just keep track of your points on the web site.

You do need a card if it has priority boarding (BLACK) to show at embarkation.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

That kind of makes sense but it is also weird. On the 'MY MSC' part of the website, we can see pictures of all the different card levels. If only the black was sent out to people then well, why the others exist and have pictures of how they look like? Weird. Anyway, it's the points that count :-) We'll see what happens!

I've just called MSC and they say that they do not issue cards unless you are BLACK status.

Your MSC number will be entered onto you booking form but you do not need a card.

That must be a change in procedure as my Black Vardbwas my fourth one. Received the others at each stage of my level of membership. The first one took ages and ages to arrive. Lost count of the number of times I tried to join onboard and via the website.

That must be a change in procedure as my Black Vardbwas my fourth one. Received the others at each stage of my level of membership. The first one took ages and ages to arrive. Lost count of the number of times I tried to join onboard and via the website.

The system has evoved with time. When the club was first introduced, (I went straight in as a Silver member, so I don't have a Classic card, because they included previous cruises and gave 7 bonus points for joining on line) they had an expiry date.

By the time I reached Gold they had dropped the idea of expiry dates.

Last year they introduced the idea of puttng your status on your cruise card, as can be seen from my two Sinfonia cruise cards which are about a year apart.

So in fact the only time you need to show your card is when you are priority boarding with a BLACK card. So I expect the demise of the physical card in all regions fairly soon.

All these changes can be seen in my cards below

MSCcards.jpg

this might make things a bit clearer

Peter

Edited by Skier52

Yep, should still be like that! Just got an email from 'MSC Club Benelux' that my Classic MSC Club card was already made and would be posted shortly. Yay! One point short of being the Silver Card but there you go :D

I've just called MSC and they say that they do not issue cards unless you are BLACK status.

Your MSC number will be entered onto you booking form but you do not need a card.

Yeah, the person you spoke too just wanted you off the phone or something because this is not true at all. They issue cards at all levels.

I'm not sure if you really need the card for anything though. Since your member level is on your cruise card, would you still need to present your club card to receive discounts on the ship? I'm not really sure because I usually only get things when they are on special and I don't think the discount works then.

Yeah, the person you spoke too just wanted you off the phone or something because this is not true at all. They issue cards at all levels.

I'm not sure if you really need the card for anything though. Since your member level is on your cruise card, would you still need to present your club card to receive discounts on the ship? I'm not really sure because I usually only get things when they are on special and I don't think the discount works then.

NO !!! The computers on the ship are already programmed to give the discount according the the level as recorded on the card.

The one and only time you need to present a card is for priority boarding for BLACK card members.

Edited by Skier52

How does one check the points tally for MSC Club?

1) Go to your MSC web site and press"login to MY MSC"

mscclub1.jpg

2) LOG IN

cclub2.jpg

3) View your points

mscclub3.jpg

SIMPLES!! (as they say in the meerkat adverts in UK)

Pete

Thanks in advance!

HEY!!!! I received mine today :-) Finally!

I've been a member since January 2012 and I've never received a card however I still get the relevant discounts. As mentioned by a previous poster, the only one that means anything is the black one which is used at embarking. At no other time is a card necessary as all your information is on the central system.