What could Thomson do to improve "Corfu Airport" re: check in

Forum seems very quiet!!

Question: Could Thomson improve Corfu Airport Check in? Think anyone who has been through it will understand how awful it can be after a great cruise. know its small, but it just seems barmy.

Forum seems very quiet!!

Question: Could Thomson improve Corfu Airport Check in? Think anyone who has been through it will understand how awful it can be after a great cruise. know its small, but it just seems barmy.

Thomson can do nothing, except complain. they don't own the airport so have no influence.

I appreciate that they don't own the airport. It was simply a question of what they could do and not what they can't.

i.e.

On OV the checked you in on board

Why do they make you lift cases of to be re scanned again, which means doubling back into the area people are queuing

My question was simply to stimulate some thoughts on a cold winters night.

We queued four times FIFE, firstly outside to get in the Gatwick queue, then 2nd to check in, 3rd to put our cases in and then another for security. By the time we had got through and bought something from duty free, they were calling the flight. Not good for the airport really as we would have bought some drinks and possibly some food to take on the plane.

Lucky I had packed my trusty little lunchbox with a couple of rolls at breakfast ;);)

It's a terrible airport. Maybe they could stagger the coach arrivals more to lessen the queues? Not sure even if that would work as it's so disorganised when you get there. They really need to get the airport to change the layout, it just doesn't work.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

We went through last year, and I thought at the time they could increase the number of security 'walkthroughs', to ease congestion. It was absolute chaos.

Given the number of tourists arriving each day, there must be a better system which wouldn't cost too much to implement.

There were fist fights 2 years ago when we were on our way back after a Majesty cruise.

We had queued to book in, put our cases in and then when we were in the security queue, about 20 Russians decided the queue didn't exist, they were ducking under the barriers and marching straight to the front, this didn't go down too well with the Brits and a few scuffles broke out.

Security had to split everyone and restore order, all this when the temperature was in the 30's.

There were only 2 customs people working that day, opening a few more desks would have helped.

It's always congested but one year EVERY plane was delayed.

Some problem in the UK. There were people sitting on top of people it was so bad.:eek::eek::D.

We were there all day.:( I haven't been since and had forgotten about it until now.

Probably put me off for another couple of years.;)

The state of the Greek economy means there is no chance of any improvement to this awful airport. I certainly cannot see passengers/holiday makers boycotting Corfu, people have very short memories.

I cant see corfu airport improving anytime soon? in light of the events in greece overnight, I can see greece (& europe) getting cheaper (more affordable) for those of us that are outside the eu currency?

will this make the louis owned ships cheaper for thomsons? (and cheaper fares for us?) ..... eh thoms?? ...oh and thoms?? (while we are on this subject?) in light of the cheaper fuel prices at the moment? shouldnt this be bringing down the cost of air travel/cruises thus summer??:rolleyes:

Last time we came back through Corfu Airport the Thomson reps had us form an orderly queue outside the terminal and we were only allowed into the terminal in batches which did help to avoid congestion inside. The outside queue was welcomed by smokers! But although standing outside in the evening wasn't too bad I would not have been too happy to stand there at midday with no shade.

Corfu airport is just too small and old fashioned for the amount of air traffic using it- and the Greek economy means there is little chance of improvement in the foreseeable future.

We have travelled through this airport at least 4 times a year for the past 12 years. Sometimes it is bad, very bad or just dreadful, never good. We are always very pleased if we get through it with just reasonable queues. My gripe is we travel generally on a Thomson or easy jet plane as independent travellers and we arrive at the airport always early, before Thomson/easy jet put up their little placards. We do not see why, we then have to queue outside and not go straight to the desk as in other airports. OH gets very irate about this and even more irate when we get told off. Understanding how small this airport helps but although we love this island, we hate the airport.

We have used Corfu airport for 25 years, and there's been very little investment of any kind that I can remember in all those years, looks like it will be another 25 before anything happens, no investment companies will touch Greece with a barge poll, which is a shame, as they have said, the bankers got us into this mess, and it's the poor that's paying to get them out of it, meanwhile the bankers are back paying themselves millions in bonuses again, but the Greeks have to realise they need to pay their taxes, it's almost a national pastime to not pay your taxes there, sorry, back to the airport, we love Corfu(all Greece)but the airport is a joke, but we still go, we were twice last year, so as they say, a glutton for punishment, Dougie.