Managing your own Booking/Sail pass

SeafordCruiser

I have in the past 12 years always booked direct with the cruiseline. However now I am in the process of transferring my reservation to a TA associated with a national warehouse store in order to get a good amount of OBC. My question is If you have a booking with TA, can you print your final documents and your sailing pass yourself from Celebrity website or do you have to wait for the TA to mail everything to you?

I like to be somewhat in control but I dont want to go to Europe without any OBCs!!!:D:D

I have in the past 12 years always booked direct with the cruiseline. However now I am in the process of transferring my reservation to a TA associated with a national warehouse store in order to get a good amount of OBC. My question is If you have a booking with TA, can you print your final documents and your sailing pass yourself from Celebrity website or do you have to wait for the TA to mail everything to you?

I like to be somewhat in control but I dont want to go to Europe without any OBCs!!!:D:D

You do the online check-in and print out the express pass yourself, if that is what you are talking about.

But the updated Celebrity invoices have to come to you from the TA, and the TA has to make any payments, cabin changes, dining changes, price changes, etc. for you.

TA does not seem to have anything to do with you travel documents for many years now. Once you book your Celebrity reservation number, you log into Celebrity website and add your reservation to your page. After that you add in your personal information on arrival/ departures times, passport number, credit card number etc. When complete you can print your Xpress Pass and at about 45 days prior you can order or print your luggage tags for your upcoming cruise. Even if you get to dock without your xpress pass it really is not a problem - takes just a few minutes longer to check in.

We have used brick and mortar agency, various online agencies and last several cruises booked with a big box warehouse membership club and found execution of travel documents are all the same. We are very happy with booking with membership club and their OBC and their response to any question or change has been more than efficiently handled. If this is the first time you have used alternate agency, please know that their deadline for final payment is prior (several days to a couple weeks) to Celebrity's final payment date and when you might be expecting to make final payment.

WONDERFUL.. thanks so much... and yess I do remember that my former TA has a deadline for payment about a week before the cruiseline...

Marcy

I think the final payment is due well before a a week out from the cruise

I think the final payment is due well before a a week out from the cruise

Not what the poster you quoted was saying. They are saying the payment is due a week before the regular final payment.

I think you are using the same TA we use. I check in online after making final payment (approximately 2 weeks prior to the cruiseline requirement.) We do usually get an email from the TA when it is time to check in, but I've usually done it already!