Getaway Haven - Jan 17/15 Review

kpms

Hi! Sorry I can't really offer any suggestions for dinner as we got in quite late we just went straight to bed. In the morning we ate breakfast at the Hotel (They gave us a $15 food voucher) for singing up for Mariotts rewards

A tip as well - Publix (A grocery store) is just a few blocks away it has a huge selection of things you may need for your trip. I use Apple Cider Vinegar for my stomach and was able to find a great quality one there (Plus one less thing to pack)

We were invited for the Chef's table however looking over the menu we chose not to participate in it (As well it's $99 per person) which we utilized in other ways.

I am not sure if Adrian will still be on board I heard there are rumors he maybe leaving :( Simply one word for him is "Fantastic"

Let me know what you think of Aft Facing - We are always worried about the smell of the Fumes and Vibrations.

Welcome to NCL - I am sure you're going to love it

We sailed in the aft deck 10 penthouse last June and are booked on deck 11 in May. I absolutely loved it. Love the large deck, found the vibration to be very soothing. Did have some soot from the stacks on our deck but wasn't terrible.

We are in Aft Penthouse 12304 in October- also our 1st sailing with NCL. Would love to hear what you thought of your cabin & the Haven in general!

I loved the aft penthouse(deck 10). I really enjoyed the large deck, I do know they get smaller as they go up and I did find out that the window we had in our shower that looks out onto the deck, which I thought was neat is different on deck 11 and 13. The bedroom is actually in the back facing the deck with a door to deck and the bathroom is in the front of the room. We are going to be on deck 11 in May so I'm anxious to see which configuration I like better. I think it will be with the bedroom facing deck and nice to sleep with door open. The only downside to this room is it is in the back of the ship and the haven area is in the front. Not to say we don't need exercise daily. I liked the haven restaurant area the pool area is very small and enclosed. The upstairs area is nice with lots of nice lounge chairs. I did feel a little enclosed overall in the haven area. It is like a private ship and you won't see anyone except for haven guests.

NCL Getaway – Jan 17/15 – Heaven Review

Bio; This is our 3rd cruise and 2nd with NCL. We previously have cruised on Holland America and the Breakaway (Transatlantic from Southampton)

We were on the Breakaway from Southampton as well! Did you see the Smithsonian channel show on the making of the ship? It ended just as the ship was sailing out of Southampton. I was hoping they would show some pictures of the passengers milling around on the cruise but no such luck.