Cape Liberty parkers beware!!!

I would suggest the you folks with claims start calling the local television station new programs for assistance and covrage. I know that the 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 channel news programs always have segments on consumer problems that are not being resolved and think this story would play well for them. The only station that I know the name for is Channel 7 WABC Eyewitness News which is 7 on your side with Tappie Philips as reporter.

Give the news programs a call or EMail...it will not hurt the cause:)

Got a response from News 12 news. They are keeping my e-mail "on file" to see if they can make a story out of it! Well, since all of us on this thread know that this is a HUGE story in our lives I thought I'd pass on their names & we could all let them know that we did not request to have our cars painted while we were on vacation!

Walt Kane Bill Schlosser Anthony Cocco "The I-Team"

News 12 New Jersey

(732) 346-3358

i-team@news12.com

I called by insurance company (State Farm) to put in claim and had them go to this Disucussion Board. Adjustor is pretty sure she had another claim recently and is going to check their files for recent claims coming in. They are going after Bayonne Dry Dock and probably RCCL and Central Parking to recover their amountsamd my deductible.

I called by insurance company (State Farm) to put in claim and had them go to this Disucussion Board. Adjustor is pretty sure she had another claim recently and is going to check their files for recent claims coming in. They are going after Bayonne Dry Dock and probably RCCL and Central Parking to recover their amountsamd my deductible.

I have State Farm too and my agent told me that yes, they will cover it and then go after Bayonne DD, but I would have to pay my deductible. If I wait for Bayonne DD, then I could save my deductible. Are you sure they will recover your deductible too?

That's what they told me. The first estimate that I received was almost $1,700. This did nto include painting, if necessary nor did it include any non-metallic parts (head and tail lights, moldings, etc.) which will probably have to be replaced. I was told the longer you let the paint sit, the more difficult it will be to remove. I can't wait anymore to hear from this Ken Peterson. I'm sure he didn't believe that the problem would grow to this proportion and now is thinking it is too large a problem to deal with.

I called Mr Peterson today and spoke to a lady who took my name and phone number. She said that Mr Peterson would not be returning phone calls because it has been handed over to their insurance company Crawford & Company. She told me they will be making phone calls next week and I shouldn't do anything until I hear from them.

I am going to put my insurance company on notice regarding the situation but not do anything regarding paying a claim for right now. The reason is I would have to pay a $500 deductible and then I'd lose my loss free discount and may have my premium increase based on my insurance company's Tier Rating guidelines. I'd rather have Bayonne Dry Dock's insurance company pay through their insurance company than me having my rates increased forever because of their negligence.

In reply:

I contacted the "Hudson County" Consumer Affairs two days ago. The woman I spoke with called me back within two hours. She is very concerned. She called RCCL and Ken Peterson. RCCL blew her off. Ken Peterson was to call her back. She can wait in line with us.

I was also informed today that this case was turned over to their insurance company, and we should hear from them shortly.

I am also going to try and call NJ State Consumer Affairs, the NJ District Attorneys Office, NJ BBB in Trenton (for RCCL), the Dept. of Environmental Conservation (if the paint is on our cars, what's in the air & water) and the News channels. I think it would be a good idea if we all would call.

Here are some #'s

New Jersey

Better Business Bureau

1700 Whitehorse-Hamilton Square, Suite D-5

Trenton, NJ 08690-3596

609-588-0808

Fax: 609-588-0546

E-mail: info@trenton.bbb.org

www.trenton.bbb.org

U S Government - Attorney Us, for the District of New Jersey, Newark

Newark, NJ 07102

973-297-2005 or 973-645-2700

Pollution Prevention Information Clearinghouse (PPIC)

202-566-0799, 202-564-8899 (fax)

email: ppic@epa.gov

The Pollution Prevention Information Clearinghouse (PPIC) is a free, nonregulatory service of the U.S EPA. PPIC is dedicated to reducing or eliminating industrial pollutants through technology transfer, education, and public awareness. A Reference and Referral Telephone Service is available to answer questions, take orders for documents distributed by PPIC, or refer callers to appropriate contacts.

Fox News Channel 5

201-750-9263

Wwor-Tv 9 - News

201-330-2199

Good luck

Ina

In regards to your email, we truly apologize for this inconvenience, additionally, please contact our Post Customer Service Department, an agent will be able to further assist you.

Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST

Saturday - Sunday, 9:00 am to 7:00 pm EST

800-529-6918

Sincerely,

Tavi Vilorio

Customer Service Representative

The above is a reply to me from RCCL after theri initial reply was to call Ken Peterson and then I demanded someone from RCCL call me. RCCL certainly has to be at fault for not, even as of now, warning their passengers and providing alternative parking. Everyone call them. There are a lot of loyal RCCL cruisers here that will never sail with them again unless they make each of us whole for lost time, aggravation, rental carts and complete restoration of our vehicles!

I have called good old Ken everyday and Gloria keeps saying the same thing, he will call you back. I sent an estimate from my volvo dealer for my SUV for $825. amd have not had a reply from the "responsible" party. RCCL just tried to brush me off and when I insisted on talking to someone they just said that the drydock will pay for everything and to keep calling them. Now after reading about estimates ranging from $150. to over $3,000., I am concerned whether my estimate was too low or high. What I do know is that an average of all estimates is not justice. These people knew of the damage they were causing and viewed it as a "cost of doing buisnes". That's how Corparate America feels about all of us. They say "let them eat cake" and we think they are saying it to the other guy not us, until it's our turn. People bad mouth lawyers until they need them. I am a laawyer and I will keep you all posted as to what I decide to do next.

I am getting my car "fixed" Monday. My insur co. (NJ Mfrs) told me my deductible would only be $150.00 instead of my usual $500 because this falls under Vandalism, etc. They said they will pay the body shop and then they in turn will chase down good ole' Ken & Bayonne Dry Dock. That's okay by me. Let them get aggravated, spend countless hours getting reimbursed, blah,blah,blah. They probably have a lot more clout & know-how than I do anyway.

When they (ins co) get their money, they will reimburse me my $150.00. Sounds good to me, and if I have to get parts replaced I'm sure NJMfrs will recoup that money from Ken & co. also.

Since I was on the Celebrity ship, I too called the cruise line & recieved the same advice that RCCL is giving, "call Ken Peterson @ Bayonne Dry Dock"

Mizzy: As an attorney I'm sure you must realize that a class action suit would take a lot longer for us to get compensated.

So by Monday night I'll let you all know how much it cost to get my Oldsmobile Intrigue back to it's pre-cruise state.

Gert

Gert

I also have NJM and I only have a one hundred dollar deductable. I too was thinking of just submitting my claim and getting the job done correctly and I am headed in that direction. The only thing is, these b_____ need to be punished. They knew what they risked and did not care. They really should be sued for punitive damages. The insurance companys will subrogate, but they may setle for a percentage of damage so they do not have to prove the reasonableness of each repair. In that event you will receave a share of your deductable back. That would still be the easiest move to make, but it burns me..How arrogant that they made this mistake in May and repeated over again at least twice.

Gogert,

I too have NJM. I received an e-mail from Ken on Friday saying that they have turned it over to their insurance and to wait for them to contact me this week. The longer this paint stays on though, the harder it is to remove. Do you know who you spoke with at NJM? If I could speak with the same rep, then I wouldn't have to go through the whole story again. I'm ok being out $150 for a while, just not $500.

I sailed on the 8/26 Voyager of the Seas and just discovered the same problem on my customized handicapped accessible van. When we retreived the car last Sunday we just thought it was dirty..Since we didn't really use it this week (uses too much gas!!) we didn't realize the problem until went to wash it yesterday. Imagine my surpise when I discovered this thread... I'll be contacting Ken Peterson in the morning and will let you know what happens.

I sailed on the 8/26 Voyager of the Seas and just discovered the same problem on my customized handicapped accessible van. When we retreived the car last Sunday we just thought it was dirty..Since we didn't really use it this week (uses too much gas!!) we didn't realize the problem until went to wash it yesterday. Imagine my surpise when I discovered this thread... I'll be contacting Ken Peterson in the morning and will let you know what happens.

I still think that all of you folks should be in contact with the NYC Metropolitan area News Media - both television and newspapers to get some free help in getting some bad publicity to the Port of Bayonne, the Parking Company and of course Royal Caribean International (including our friends who sailed on Celebrity). Tell the media to read this thread and of course the one in the Celebrity sections of CC.

Big companies and cities do not like getting bad press about hurting consumers in their wallets!:)

I called Ken Peterson on September 6 to report the paint I found all over my car after returning from the August 26 cruise to the Caribbean. I spoke to Gloria who said that Ken would call me back. I never heard from him.

I call again this morning, September 12, and Gloria told me that the matter was turned over, on Friday, to their insurance company, Crawford and Company. She said that they would be calling all of us about our cars. And so we wait....

Does anybody have the police report number?

I called the Bayonne police, 201-858-6900, with the reference number I have and the woman told me that it is not an official police report but rather just a record that a call to them was made. The reference number I have is 0564628. She said that she has received many calls about this incident and that there was nothing that can be faxed to me because a report was not made.

Any idea how long we're supposed to wait for a call from their insurance company?

Gloria didn't say. I guess I should have asked but asking doesn't guarantee an answer. I asked her info. about the insurance company but she claimed to know nothing.

For what it's worth, Centrtal Parking called me and gave me another contact at Bayonne Dry Dock - Anthony Capeto, 201-823-3737. They said that they are only onsite when a ship is in and that Bayonne Dry Dock supposed to handle security,etc. at the parking facility.

I'm not happy at all with RCCL not stepping up.

I am sorry to hear of this problem for all of you, I hope it will be resolved soon. I am leaving from this port in Nov.,and not looking forward to this experience.

It is certainly a sad day when you go away for a nice, and I might add, expensive vacation, only to come back to aggravation! Not a nice way to end your vacation, and RCCL should be ashamed of their very wealthy selves and clean this matter up for all of you. Someone mentioned RCCL suppling a car cover with their logo on it, what a terrific idea! Good luck to all, I hope they come through for you.:)

Do get the media involed, that will certainly help. Fox news loves to stir things up!

Archived