Ensenada Bufadora: $33.99 vs $17.99

12reca

Planning our late 2015 cruise, Mex Riviera (cannot wait!! )

This is what we want to do in Ensenada: La Bufadora Adventure

Carnival price is: $33.99 La Bufadora Adventure

Shore Excursioneer price is: $17.99 Ensenada La Bufadora Geyser Excursion (S1758)

Is it worth to pay the cruise line price for this one? We've used that company last year for Cozumel and Belize. Better prices and we were very happy with all their services. This is a big price drop though, anyone been on the Carnival Bufadora Excursion yet? What is different and is it worth it?

I have not used the excursions, but this month we took the shuttle to town for $3.00 round trip and on the way, the lady told us we could go to La Bufadora on one of their buses for $15.00 per person. We did that and it worked very well for us. They took us back to the bus terminal and we had a choice of walking the downtown shops or take the shuttle back to the ship.

I will book excursions independently when the cost is so much better. But when time is limited or the price is very close I'll book with the cruise ship. When time is limited I feel safer with a ship excursion as they will should wait for you. Flat tire, accident on road, things can happen.

A couple that went out with us on the bus misinterpreted the departure time from Bufadora and missed the return trip on our bus. The company had other buses at Bufadora and let them return to Ensenada on one of the other buses. When I saw them on the ship that evening, they were very happy they had chosen that company to go with.

• 3 weeks later...

Take the bus to town for $3.00 both ways and hop on the tour bus for $15.00 per person. Well worth it and a must see, our tour guide was excellent and we all enjoyed the tour. Leave off the ship earlier so you have time to shop downtown. We left the ship around 10 and this gave us plenty of time for the tour and two hours of shopping downtown. Bufadora is amazing and is said to be the biggest in the world, we were told there are only 3 known in the world.