Going for the GOLD !!!

us2swingu

They took away the free drink coupon?

Oh poop. :(

Yep. Check out the numerous threads. Oh, and they also posted it under the VIFP perks page which now reads:

Complimentary 1 liter bottle of water

(Delivered to stateroom on all sailings)

*Effective for sailings departing on or after 2/7/2015

Complimentary beverage at Seaday Brunch.

(On ships where brunch is not available, complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch in Main Dining Room.)

*This benefit will be discontinued for Red and Gold members effective for sailings departing on or after 2/7/2015

We turned Gold during our cruise on the Liberty last year too!!

Boarded with Gold cards and the pins, drink coupons, and invitation to VIFP party were all in our stateroom when we walked in.

Have a blast and congratulations!

I love Carnival, but they need to be more consistent. I just talked with my PVP and she informed me that I would turn gold 2 days into the cruise and I would have to go to customer serve ice and have them change it.. I guess I will just have to find out when we are on the ship..

:confused:

I love Carnival, but they need to be more consistent. I just talked with my PVP and she informed me that I would turn gold 2 days into the cruise and I would have to go to customer serve ice and have them change it.. I guess I will just have to find out when we are on the ship..

You will be gold from the start, if you go too manage my account and print documents, it should say temporary status Gold.

Things may have changed but on our last trip we went from gold to platinum during the trip. They said we had to wait untill that trip was over. That was during the time they were changing the program. I wish you the best.

I will finally turn platinum on my next cruise and looking forward to the benefits I hope that I will get..... Mary49

You would of had a free drink coupon to be used at punch liners breakfast or outside they had a bartender making them there also...now you get a whole bottle of WATER!!!

I think the water is great, but as a platinum guest, they will get the water, and the drink coupon. The drink coupon was discontinued for red and gold members.

I don't think the water is great for a few reasons:

1- the cabin stewards now have to retrieve their water, fit it on their carts and make sure they delivered to proper rooms

2- how does carnivals staff keep track of the bottles of water, I can easily see passengers using the other bottles of water that are in the cabins and not know which one is included and being charged for the other

3- the ship will have more bottles to store until they are taken off the ship and disposed off

4- I don't like plastic bottles they contain chemicals that are bad for you

5- For environmental purposes don't we have enough plastic bottles on this earth taking up so much unnecessary space, we don't need more garbage to keep on this planet

i don't think the water is great for a few reasons:

1- the cabin stewards now have to retrieve their water, fit it on their carts and make sure they delivered to proper rooms

2- how does carnivals staff keep track of the bottles of water, i can easily see passengers using the other bottles of water that are in the cabins and not know which one is included and being charged for the other

3- the ship will have more bottles to store until they are taken off the ship and disposed off

4- i don't like plastic bottles they contain chemicals that are bad for you

5- for environmental purposes don't we have enough plastic bottles on this earth taking up so much unnecessary space, we don't need more garbage to keep on this planet

😏😏😏😏

Most PVPs don't know what they are talking about. Had some very bad ones... You will be gold from the start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

You will be Gold at the beginning of the cruise. This is just more misinformation and the lack of training we see very often with Carnival. Unfortunately, there isn't a knowledgebase strong enough to answer every question a guest will have and in turn, makes the PVPs try to have an answer to something they are clueless about.

Many PVPs and CSRs have never been on a cruise.

I don't think the water is great for a few reasons:

2- how does carnivals staff keep track of the bottles of water, I can easily see passengers using the other bottles of water that are in the cabins and not know which one is included and being charged for the other

4- I don't like plastic bottles they contain chemicals that are bad for you

5- For environmental purposes don't we have enough plastic bottles on this earth taking up so much unnecessary space, we don't need more garbage to keep on this planet

1. Water bottles are already in each stateroom, whether it be in the mini bar or on the desk.

2. The same way they handle inventory management as if they were to have guests pay for bottled water. Similar to hotels, there will be some that are wrongfully charged.

3. FIFO. They probably also wouldn't be storing many extra bottles anyway. Did you know there is enough food onboard to last quite a long time, even after the ship is scheduled to return to the port of disembarkation?

4. Many people enjoy bottled water. Perhaps you can talk to the Guest Services Desk and they may be able to work something out with you.

5. I'm a member of the Anti-Green Movement, so I'm particularly unconcerned at this point.

Yes, they are but this will make it more and how can a passenger distinguish which one is free and which one they have to pay for, I can see some confusion happening here.

Yes I am aware of the amount of food and drink on board and what they actually use, quite interesting and your correct about this.

Im surprised how your not concern for the environment with all the trash we have on this planet but I guess we also have so much worse to worry about lol...but 8 out of 10 water bottles end up in a landfill its sad.

My other half does drink water but we have one of those full size stand up water coolers by zephyr hills 5 gallons each, they are recycled and used again, that brand happens to be BPA free too! ;)

Yes, they are but this will make it more and how can a passenger distinguish which one is free and which one they have to pay for, I can see some confusion happening here.

Yes I am aware of the amount of food and drink on board and what they actually use, quite interesting and your correct about this.

Im surprised how your not concern for the environment with all the trash we have on this planet but I guess we also have so much worse to worry about lol...but 8 out of 10 water bottles end up in a landfill its sad.

My other half does drink water but we have one of those full size stand up water coolers by zephyr hills 5 gallons each, they are recycled and used again, that brand happens to be BPA free too! ;)

Trash on Carnival ships is separated and bottles, as well as all other recyclable items are sent off the ship for recycling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums