Kids clubs on Azura?

pilotjude

Hi, first time cruiser preparing to sail on A505 6th March. Azura Caribbean cruise.

Travelling with my husband and daughter who is 3.5, celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and two mile stone birthdays this year.

Do the kids clubs run activities for little ones in the evening? I know there is a night nursery but our daughter probably won't settle and stay asleep there as she will think she is missing out on something. Alternatively do any of the staff offer in cabin babysitting?

Really looking forward to our trip, despite some poor reviews recently.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The staff in the kids club are great (although my kids are older). Mine were both chuffed to bits when they found one of the team from our previous cruise on Aurora had transferred to Azura and was there for our cruise.

IIRC I don't think they run activities very late for your daughter's age group. Club opening times vary anyway. As you are outside of school holiday time you may find there are not many children on board and so the club may not be open late into the evening.

They don't offer an in-cabin baby sitting or even baby monitoring service. There is also limited space in the night nursery.

Don't be put off by the reviews. I was feeling the same way ahead of our Azura cruise in 2013 and was really worried as to whether we'd made the right decision, but went with an open mind and we all had a lovely holiday. There were one or two tiny issues, but we took them in our stride and didn't let them spoil things. I don't think any holiday is perfect - it's what you make of it. Enjoy!!

Hi, first time cruiser preparing to sail on A505 6th March. Azura Caribbean cruise.

Travelling with my husband and daughter who is 3.5, celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and two mile stone birthdays this year.

Do the kids clubs run activities for little ones in the evening? I know there is a night nursery but our daughter probably won't settle and stay asleep there as she will think she is missing out on something. Alternatively do any of the staff offer in cabin babysitting?

Really looking forward to our trip, despite some poor reviews recently.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there, it's been a few years since my daughter was in the 2-4 year old kid club, but she has spent the past 3 cruises in the 5-8 year olds.

Yes there is a full programme of events throughout the day, you will get a timetable in your cabin when you arrive. During the evening the kids club are open, there are activities til about 8pm ish for the little ones and then they pull out beanbags duvets etc and turn down the lights and watch a movie. It's great cos by the time you pick them up they are sleepy and ready for bed. Last year the 5-8 year olds was open til 10.30. I think it was the same for the 2-4 year olds.

We have always taken our daughter to kids club every night whilst on a cruise, we then have a meal and watch a show and return to pick her up later. In fact despite trying to get her to come out with us for a night, she point blank refuses. She adores kids club and can't wait to go!!!!! The main reason we cruise with P and O is the kids clubs. They are amazing and I think happy kids = happy parents. The staff are great and can provide you with a pager if you are worried or alternatively you can phone and check on them anytime free on any ship phone.

Chill and start looking forward to your holiday, you will have a great time.

Just stop reading reviews - I often wonder whether we have been on the same cruise when I read some. We have been on Azura twice and Ventura four times. They are our favourite ships in the fleet.

Make sure you book a meal in one of the speciality restaurants for you anniversary too - well worth the extra money. I love Sindhu and the Glasshouse best .

Anyway hope you have a great time

Sue

our 4 year old grandson loved the kids club. Of an evening he stayed with the nursery nurses watched a movie and mum and dad collected about 9 or ten o'clock Mum and dad had a great holiday because he was so excited by going to the club

Have a good holiday

Just got off the New Year Caribbean cruise on the Azura with our 10 and almost 3 yo. The kids club were amazing. They were open til midnight on our cruise. Activities til 8 pm at which time they would put on a DVDs and the kiddos would settle down on the beanbags. They opened at 9am in the morning, closed 1-2pm for lunch and 5-6pm for kids tea. I would recommend the kids tea because even when our 2yo came to the dining room with us, it was a bit late for her to eat. She'd almost gone past it. Kids tea took a lot of stress out of mealtimes just. because they have more choice.

We also used the pool at the stern mainly. It was generally quieter plus upstairs is the kiddies pool ( not open on sea days though.)

No complaints from me re Azura, but I'm a newbie too so I had nothing to compare it too. On thing, though, I didn't like so much were the sea days! Chaos, bodies everywhere! Haha! Buffet was crazy and I wish we had maybe tried the main dining room on these days!

Enjoy your cruise. I loved mine and wish I was still there! 😀

Children's organised activities run down during the evening depending on participants. Eventually someone puts on a children's dvd and they all sit there with dimmed lights quietly watching while some doze off. The club remains open as per the advertised times but as I say activities slow down to watching the film. The staff keep the children happy!

Regards Keith