Bringing food onboard?

Valor2005

Wow. Guess I better keep my nuts and beef jerky in their original packaging now.

Never had a problem. Your nuts and jerky will make it on the ship in whatever package you choose. 😄

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can I bring food items onboard due to dietary restrictions?

Bringing Food Items Onboard Due to Dietary Restrictions

Items must be pre-packaged, unopened and cannot require any food preparation from the dining staff. Homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom; the ship's storage and/or refrigeration are not available for this use.

Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. Carnival Cruise Lines is unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

no cakes allowed. YMMV

We actually carried on leftover wedding cake/cupcakes. I don't recall it getting scanned, as it was in my Brother in Law's lap in the wheelchair. To be honest, it didn't look like wedding cake-- hot pink cupcakes shaped like legos-- but no one really cared. This was in Long Beach, YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...