Beverage Package Question

mom3x

This is only our 2nd cruise - and the first was several years ago so things have changed quite a bit. I'm curious about the beverage packages.

When we cruised before, we were able to get coffee, tea (hot and iced), pretty much anywhere. When looking through the beverage packages options, I'm assuming that these things are still available if one were to NOT chose a package. Is that correct?

Also, I enjoy wine and cocktails while my husband isn't a drinker at all. If we were to purchase, would we be required to purchase for both of us??

I've looked on RCs website and perused here a bit and haven't really found the answers.

Thank you for your help!!!

This is only our 2nd cruise - and the first was several years ago so things have changed quite a bit. I'm curious about the beverage packages.

When we cruised before, we were able to get coffee, tea (hot and iced), pretty much anywhere. When looking through the beverage packages options, I'm assuming that these things are still available if one were to NOT chose a package. Is that correct?

Also, I enjoy wine and cocktails while my husband isn't a drinker at all. If we were to purchase, would we be required to purchase for both of us??

I've looked on RCs website and perused here a bit and haven't really found the answers.

Thank you for your help!!!

You can get a package for just one person. Not everyone has to purchase one.

The drinks you mentioned are still available for free. The ultimate drink package includes specialty coffees, Fresh squeezed OJ, and sparkling water.

We are on Navigator right now. A decent glass of wine is $12 each, plus tip. If you have two glasses at lunch and two with dinner with the tip you have already paid for the Premium Package, which is $49 a day. Add to that the extra cocktails or after dinner drinks and you are way ahead. I think tha same can be said for the Ultimate Package with how expensive they charge for specialty coffees.

I'm sure I read somewhere that if purchasing a drinks package then all adults in the party have to purchase it?

That was the requirement when packages were first available on RCI. It has since been abandoned, and now any member of the party may have the package that best suits them, including none at all.

Edited by 3dog

As far as I know, the rule about everybody in the stateroom must buy the package, only applys to CARNIVAL cruise line, on Royal you can just buy it for 1 if you wish.

It USED to be this way on Royal too, but no longer.

Everyone in each stateroom has the ability to choose a different package or none at all.

Ah thanks but wouldn't you then get people buying one package and then sharing it with the other adult...?

Staff are on the lookout for sharing and penalties apply if you are caught

Edited to add: I think most people are honest and wouldn't try this anyway :)

Edited by BekkaW

Thank you, all! That will make it so much easier. I don't want to pay for a drinks package when my husband doesn't drink....but I don't want to miss out on wine with dinner and a cocktail here and there, either.

Much obliged!

Probably another weird question but.... do I pay for the packages NOW? Or, is it just a reservation and added to our bill?

Sorry.... I'm clueless and trying to give answers to my husband, who is also clueless. :o

Probably another weird question but.... do I pay for the packages NOW? Or, is it just a reservation and added to our bill?

Sorry.... I'm clueless and trying to give answers to my husband, who is also clueless. :o

We are not going to buy ahead online because then our credit card would get charged immediately. We are going to buy the drink package as soon as we board then we can apply our obc (on board credits) to that cost. A drink package can be a lot of fun to try new drinks...it is vacation after all!

My wife & I are on the Anthem in June & have an all inclusive select drinks package, this package does not include specialty coffee.

My question is what other coffee is free & can you get latte & cappuccino.

Cheers.

I believe Anthem have a starbucks. Since it is not included in your package you would pay the reg per specialty coffee price. I think they start at 5.25 + tip

Edited by LilBlackDress

Hi Lil....

Thanks for the reply.

I understood that Starbucks would not be in my package,but wondering about the free coffee & if the free coffee had Latte/ Cappuccino , again one may only get this type in Starbucks.

Cheers.

There is free drip coffee and Lipton-type tea. That's self-serve.

There will be NO free lattes or other espresso drinks on any ship.

If Anthem is like Oasis and Allure, it should have a free-standing, branded, Starbucks store. You canNOT use ANY drinks package there.

But there will also be a non-branded espresso area, and you will be able to use Ultimate or Replenish for espresso drinks (what they call specialty coffee) and fancy tea (Tazo) there.

So, if one wants wine with dinner, a frozen fruity concoction here and there, and iced coffee drinks with way too much sugar, what's the best way to go?? (Again, I'm on IOS) And, WHY does this have to be so confusing????

So, if one wants wine with dinner, a frozen fruity concoction here and there, and iced coffee drinks with way too much sugar, what's the best way to go?? (Again, I'm on IOS) And, WHY does this have to be so confusing????

Best way to go based on that type of consumption is no package at all, then you have full flexibility and no limitations, and you're not paying out money for what you're not using.