Ode to FTTF

lisajm

I have my first cruise booked and inquired about the FTTF with my TA today and she told me it wasn't worth it at all........

I am thinking she must not know all the things you all know. :confused:

We just used FTTF for our January cruise on the Liberty. Only our second cruise, but I'd read positive comments for the most part, here, and really wished to try FTTF). FTTF will be on top of our list for excursions for future cruises. To be able to stroll in through the Platinum/Diamond door, while looking at the long line stretching out into the heat....DH really appreciated that. We only had to wait for one person in front of us when checking in. And then straight on to our cabin to drop off our carryons, and start exploring the ship. Where we noted PILES of luggage on the Lido deck, from stuff people had carried on. DD was pleased when she needed to go to the guest services counter, and got to get in the "short" line instead of the long one...Priority embarkation and debarkation were both a piece of cake. (Our first cruise, debarkation was a MESS. We did self assist, on the recommendation of the experienced cruisers we were traveling with. Never again. ) This time, We essentially strolled into the dining room at the appointed time with our carryons, were directed with the other FTTF folks to the escalator, and then through Customs. Slick. Luggage all ready for pick up at the appointed number. We were waiting for our Hertz shuttle by 8:15 am. We did not have any tender ports, so did not get to use that benefit. FTTF was worth every penny.

I snagged one for our upcoming cruise, after checking daily, several times per day, for weeks. It finally opened up about 35 days prior to cruise.

I haven't told my husband or my son. I look forward to seeing their faces as I lead them past the long lines and tell them we don't have to lug carry-ons all over the ship until the rooms open up.

I first used FTTF on a 4-night a couple of years ago. We had flown to Orlando on a red-eye, driven over to the ship, boarded within the first 50 people, ate lunch, took a much needed nap for an hour, and still had time to explore the Ecstacy before muster and sailaway! Loved it!