Ship time or local time

lcumpire

Does the ship stay on ship time or on local time?

When the itinerary indicates that the ship leaves at 5:00pm is it ship time or local time as St. Thomas is one hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time?

Thanx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
Does the ship stay on ship time or on local time?

When the itinerary indicates that the ship leaves at 5:00pm is it ship time or local time as St. Thomas is one hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time?

Thanx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Larry, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm trying to line up private tours and can't figure out what time to tell the operator of the tour that we'll be out on the dock. Did you ever get an answer?

The ship may or may not be on the same time as the port. Some lines change time to match port time, others don't and always remain on the time from the departure port.

If trying to set up private tours, tell the operator to be there 30 minutes after you dock. They will figure out what time to meet you.

The ship may or may not be on the same time as the port. Some lines change time to match port time, others don't and always remain on the time from the departure port.

If trying to set up private tours, tell the operator to be there 30 minutes after you dock. They will figure out what time to meet you.

Thank you both for your answers. Unfortunately one of our party want to wait a while before disembarking, but I guess I could do the same thing, just say come get us an hour and a half after we dock.

Thank you much!

The problem I was having was trying to decide what time they were actually on since one poster said that the Caribbean doesn't observe DST. Will check with Google, it seems to know it all! :)

On our Princess Cruise the Ship Time was changed to Local Time at each Port.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you all for your replies. I was very surprised that the vendors on the islands didn't know, but of course, my CC buddies always come through!