Pride pictures - post 2.0?

khrivnak

love the waterslides. don't think I like the movie screen tho.

vanessa.... did it get crowded? the location seems like it would be harder to view? we enjoyed taking the kids there and movie nights got fairly crowded on the liberty... that location doesn't seem optimal, am I wrong?

love the waterslides. don't think I like the movie screen tho.

vanessa.... did it get crowded? the location seems like it would be harder to view? we enjoyed taking the kids there and movie nights got fairly crowded on the liberty... that location doesn't seem optimal, am I wrong?

We never saw lines that were crazy. The only design flaw was putting the slides right above the Serenity area :P It wasn't so serene, as a result.

Hi :)

I located a 14 minute video of the Carnival Pride that was taken soon after its dry dock.

The video does not show everything, its all I can find, but thought I would share it here.

The new waterworks area is at about the 9 & a half minute mark.

Carnival Pride

Have a terrific day!

:)

Thanks for this link. She was quite funny to listen to, but showed me a lot of the things I'm looking for about the ship.

Give this a shot, was just posted on CC.

eurocaribegetaways.blogspot.com

Woo Hoo. Thanks for this link. I'm off to check out the new upgrades. :D

installed:

10392326_844008278975068_7209275493833915212_n.jpg?oh=590635b3dc9fa1816f0ee347716981db&oe=556D9F26&__gda__=1432432400_43fcb7d7ac554d6c9ac34cec882ee31f

This seems awful low and I would think it would be hard to view by most on the pool deck unless you were right there in front of it. Do they show movies on it at night like the others ships? If so, how does that work with the seating and it not being high up in the air? Hard to see?

10354170_844016058974290_2422911416056422664_n.jpg?oh=42c0742e9685dcc2f66c4c80ca2bb831&oe=552095A6&__gda__=1428193327_a92ccb78b6c6def84cc3f470d96d64df

Thanks for the awesome pictures...especially during the rebuild.

Anyone know if this green slide is the kind that you stand on a platform and the bottom drops out like NCL's?

The waterpark looks awesome!

This seems awful low and I would think it would be hard to view by most on the pool deck unless you were right there in front of it. Do they show movies on it at night like the others ships? If so, how does that work with the seating and it not being high up in the air? Hard to see?

it is low - just a few feet off the deck. unlike other ships, it needs to fit under the retractable dome - which is why for years they said 'it can't be done' on spirit class ships. they do show movies at night. i've seen pictures of a few rows of lounge chairs in front of it, but haven't experienced it myself.

Thanks for the awesome pictures...especially during the rebuild.

Anyone know if this green slide is the kind that you stand on a platform and the bottom drops out like NCL's?

The waterpark looks awesome!

the green slide is green thunder and yes it is a drop slide. i think i know why you're asking. minimum height is 48" lol. the twister slide is 42". :)

it is low - just a few feet off the deck. unlike other ships, it needs to fit under the retractable dome - which is why for years they said 'it can't be done' on spirit class ships. they do show movies at night. i've seen pictures of a few rows of lounge chairs in front of it, but haven't experienced it myself.

the green slide is green thunder and yes it is a drop slide. i think i know why you're asking. minimum height is 48" lol. the twister slide is 42". :)

Oh ok, that makes sense...the dome. When do they shut this dome? Do they only shut it during bad weather? I would like to experience it shut. :p It just looks really neat shut. Do they do it at night or only when raining or cold?

I'm considering doing the Pride out of MD for April and if it's a little chilly leaving (and returning), will they have it shut so the pool can be used on the way down and back up?

HEHE...actually I was wondering for myself. Not sure if I would let the munchkin on the drop slide (but you know she would try it if it's up to her). She would definitely want to get on the twister for sure. :)

Oh ok, that makes sense...the dome. When do they shut this dome? Do they only shut it during bad weather? I would like to experience it shut. :p It just looks really neat shut. Do they do it at night or only when raining or cold?

I'm considering doing the Pride out of MD for April and if it's a little chilly leaving (and returning), will they have it shut so the pool can be used on the way down and back up?

HEHE...actually I was wondering for myself. Not sure if I would let the munchkin on the drop slide (but you know she would try it if it's up to her). She would definitely want to get on the twister for sure. :)

yup, you got it. they close the dome when it's raining or too cold. if it is chilly leaving MD then yes i'd bet it will be closed so the pool can be used. and actually, even if it's chilly in the islands they'd keep it closed / close it. on a january splendor sailing, it was cold leaving new york and in the bahamas too - they never even opened it!

i want to try green thunder too :)

yup, you got it. they close the dome when it's raining or too cold. if it is chilly leaving MD then yes i'd bet it will be closed so the pool can be used. and actually, even if it's chilly in the islands they'd keep it closed / close it. on a january splendor sailing, it was cold leaving new york and in the bahamas too - they never even opened it!

i want to try green thunder too :)

Thanks for the explanation on that. I have seen several ships with this dome and always wondered. I think it would look pretty cool closed and it's a plus that you can still use the pools. Does closing it just keep the cooler weather out or does it actually help make it warm in there? Are the pools heated or no?

Thanks for the explanation on that. I have seen several ships with this dome and always wondered. I think it would look pretty cool closed and it's a plus that you can still use the pools. Does closing it just keep the cooler weather out or does it actually help make it warm in there? Are the pools heated or no?

it does look pretty cool closed:

5401332734_be21ed7345.jpg

it does help make it warm - almost a little too warm for my taste. it's kinda like a greenhouse when it's closed. that and with all the water - it's got the humid warm feel to it similar to (go figure) an indoor pool...

the pools are heated. they don't typically heat them on warmer itineraries, but pools on spirit class (like pride), destiny, conquest, splendor and dream classes can be heated. they probably will heat them on a baltimore cruise at that time of year, as needed.

it does look pretty cool closed:

5401332734_be21ed7345.jpg

it does help make it warm - almost a little too warm for my taste. it's kinda like a greenhouse when it's closed. that and with all the water - it's got the humid warm feel to it similar to (go figure) an indoor pool...

the pools are heated. they don't typically heat them on warmer itineraries, but pools on spirit class (like pride), destiny, conquest, splendor and dream classes can be heated. they probably will heat them on a baltimore cruise at that time of year, as needed.

Wow, that's a beautiful picture and it sounds so wonderful. I really want to book this cruise. I'm just waiting to hear back from my TA. The prices are CRAZY on this cruise for when I want to go and it "says" the only thing left is a balcony. :o I'm not understanding. If you have 2 people, interiors are available and then there's an option for 4 people interior. But it doesn't even give you the option to enter 3 people and when you do, it says the ONLY thing available is a balcony. :confused: But yet I know that I've read the interiors hold up to 3 people. I'm so confused. If I could just get this figured out, I would book.

Great to hear the pools are heated if needed. I guess I would be pushing it too much to hope that they are not salt water? LOL :eek:

Wow, that's a beautiful picture and it sounds so wonderful. I really want to book this cruise. I'm just waiting to hear back from my TA. The prices are CRAZY on this cruise for when I want to go and it "says" the only thing left is a balcony. :o I'm not understanding. If you have 2 people, interiors are available and then there's an option for 4 people interior. But it doesn't even give you the option to enter 3 people and when you do, it says the ONLY thing available is a balcony. :confused: But yet I know that I've read the interiors hold up to 3 people. I'm so confused. If I could just get this figured out, I would book.

Great to hear the pools are heated if needed. I guess I would be pushing it too much to hope that they are not salt water? LOL :eek:

it's probably capacity controlled. on some sailings (typically high demand / selling well) they won't allow you to book for less than the capacity of the room. therein, they won't let 2 or 3 people book in a room that has a capacity for 4 - knowing that they can sell that room for 4 to 4. but you're right - i see interiors for 2 or 4, but not 3 (only balcony).

sometimes they are able to override this (ask for a manager, etc.)... and closer to sailing they often drop the capacity control all together so they can sell the remaining rooms...

and no luck in the pool department - they're salt water :o