Best Price Excursion, Nassau Segway

The segway company in Nassau offers a lower price directly, and an even better deal for booking four people. (75 for 1-3 people, 65 per person for four or more)

Carnival uses this company, but the price is 89.99. (It seems as this is the only company with segways in Nassau)

The company website "encourages" you to book directly with the cruiseline, as they won't put a group of cruisers from the same ship together that have booked in different ways. (that is my interpretation)

Do you think this qualifies for the "best price guarantee" ? It doesn't make sense to pay so much more thru the cruiseline.

I've been on a Segway tour in Nassau. Our group was a mixture of whoever booked it. I don't see how they can segregate groups by cruiselines. Their goal is to fill a group.

I agree, I think I could book it myself.

I guess I am wondering how Carnival can charge so much more for it when they have the "best price guarantee" policy. The only advantage I see to booking it with the cruiseline is a refund if we don't make it to port or the weather is too bad.... but I am guessing if it is weather, the tour company would also cancel.

We did that a few years ago was it really $99? wow. It is one of the few things I would book privately though as you can make it back to the ship no matter what happens to the segway. They never asked us if we booked through the cruise line or privately.

I agree, I think I could book it myself.

I guess I am wondering how Carnival can charge so much more for it when they have the "best price guarantee" policy. The only advantage I see to booking it with the cruiseline is a refund if we don't make it to port or the weather is too bad.... but I am guessing if it is weather, the tour company would also cancel.

Carnival will wait for you if you book through them and things run behind. When I booked, I chose the morning tour (not through Carnival) and had plenty of time. I don't remember the price, but it was worth every penny.