Norwegian Getaway-September 26, 2015

Clay Clayton

• 1 month later...
Just booked..anyone else?

Hello! My partner and I are thinking of booking for our honeymoon. Couting the coins in our piggy bank and pulling the trigger shortly. We were booked on the Sky for that week--but we were told on Monday that the ship was chartered and we have to hit the plank!

Hate it for me, but the Getaway is a superior cruise. So maybe it's a secret win?

Nice to meet you, either way!

Edited by drhall

Congrats! When is the wedding? Mike and I got married between Christmas and New Years. After 24 years together we decided it was time to make a commitment! Lol. We are calling our upcoming canal cruise our honeymoon.

Still hard to believe. Living for June so we will be legal here in Texas.

YES!

My state (TN) is one of the states in the appeal case. I actually personally know one of the plaintiffs and their attorney (they live in my city). I won't discuss politics here, but things are looking promising. All in good time :)

Where did you all travel for legality? Our backup plan if TN doesn't follow suit is North Carolina. Thankfully, they're a 45 minute drive east.

Edited by drhall

We went "home" to Raleigh. I was transferred to Texas in 2013. We had hoped that the judge was going to lift the stay on his ruling and we were going to be able to go down to the courthouse here but when he announced in early December that he was going to let the appeal process run it's course we elected to head back east so we could get married on December 30th which is when we have traditionally celebrated our anniversary...thought about waiting until 12/30/15 to do it but decided if we did that we would have to have a "wedding". Instead we went to the courthouse with our brothers, a few close friends and family (20 all together) and then took everyone out to our favorite restaurant for celebratory cocktails, dinner and cake afterwards. It was a perfect day....no drama...well other than Mike's mom shielding her eyes when the Judge said we could kiss our spouse! :eek:

And now we get to celebrate our paper and silver anniversaries on the same day! LOL

Edited by Clay Clayton

• 2 months later...

Adrian

I am sorry to report that Mike and I have canceled this cruise. We initially booked it due to the kids sail free promo to take my 13 year old niece on a cruise. Her Dad and step mom decided a couple of weeks before Spring Break to take she and her brother on the same cruise. So between that and an invitation to join some close friends on a river cruise (expensive!) next April we determined we needed to postpone our Getaway introductory sailing.

Hope we get to sail together sometime!

• 3 months later...