Anyone Else Having Issues with NCL Website?

Chan_T

I go through the process of selecting the cruise, dates, cabin, entering guest info...but when I get to the page to pay the deposit and look at the details...my cabin has changed from the cabin I selected to a 'guarantee.' Right before this, the promo that I selected with the rate had changed to one of the other promos. :confused: I was trying to avoid calling and waiting. :(

We did have problems yesterday. Wasted a lot of time. It would change the date and the promo. Finally, called and they answered immediately. The rep was wonderful and we were done in no time. She didn't say that there was a problem but did not seem surprised.

I also had an issue last night. It took me 3 tries to make a reservation. For me, the site was not allowing me past the passenger details. Then I would need to start over. Each time, the number of staterooms for the selected category were significantly smaller. I'm guessing that while you were in the process of booking, an NCL agent locked that same stateroom before you could finish.

That happened to me this morning where I chose a specific stateroom and then on the final screen it switched to the word guarantee. We talked about it and decided to go ahead and book anyways rather than spend hours on the phone. When I got my confirmation email later it listed that stateroom I chose again so I don't know if there is a problem with the website again today?

I noticed those staterooms issues with the booking yesterday as well and today, it's showing mostly staterooms guarantees also when we have a specific cabin # displayed.

I would check back after 11 PM EST (or whatever GMT it is for those abroad) as those holds would be released after 24 hours if they're booked yesterday. Fleetwide, I cannot imagine NCL really selling thousands of cabins in 24 to 48 hours from this end-of-month promo sales - well, maybe upgrades & upsell too, and some TA's/ PCC's doing holds to give their "clients" a chance to finalize their booking.

_ Sail Free doesn't matter to us and as long as the trilogy offer remained good for the entire month of Feb. and prices don't go up on us - we are good to go, that's XX of nights of closing the home kitchen & free laundry as Platinum, etc. while being away.

Thanks everyone...I ended up placing a hold and then calling. I talked with a rep and was able to finish the booking. She saw the actual stateroom I had selected (and the correct promo)...not the guarantee...so it sounds like it was just an issue with what was being displayed on the site. And, she didn't seem surprised that I was experiencing issues...she said they had quite a bit volume over the past couple of days due to the promo.

I'm trying to print edoc's as I made my flight reservation thru NCL & want my reservation code so I can pick seats as I want extra leg room for a knee issue & on this flight there is no business class. I have been trying for past few days but I keep getting an error message.

On NCL Air, is business class (as extra cost) inclued in your package booked? If so, I would call NCL directly and/or double check it & see what are your options, i.e. switching to another flight/carrier, etc.

Between Ottawa & NYC (LGA only) it's UA/AC as the carriers flying nonstop - on small "regional" and narrow- bodied (CRJ's) jets these days, in 2x2 seating with 4 extra $$ bulkhead seats up front (row 1A, 1C, 1D & 1F). Contact the airline & check-in early and take advantage of early/pre-boarding as pax with special needs (a note/certificate from your doctor is always helpful in dealing with check-in and gate-agents, as everyone tried to board first to get to the limited overhead bin space these days, etc.) And, it's a very short flight/time in the air.

Overhead & underseat storage space is small & tight, be prepared to gate-check bigger carry-on luggage.

Edited by mking8288

On NCL Air, is business class (as extra cost) inclued in your package booked? If so, I would call NCL directly and/or double check it & see what are your options, i.e. switching to another flight/carrier, etc.

Between Ottawa & NYC (LGA only) it's UA/AC as the carriers flying nonstop - on small "regional" and narrow- bodied (CRJ's) jets these days, in 2x2 seating with 4 extra $$ bulkhead seats up front (row 1A, 1C, 1D & 1F). Contact the airline & check-in early and take advantage of early/pre-boarding as pax with special needs (a note/certificate from your doctor is always helpful in dealing with check-in and gate-agents, as everyone tried to board first to get to the limited overhead bin space these days, etc.) And, it's a very short flight/time in the air.

Overhead & underseat storage space is small & tight, be prepared to gate-check bigger carry-on luggage.

Thanks, I fly a lot for work as I do medical research & just returned from a 2 day visit to Germany flying business class. Those overheads !! I was in a pod & each pod has its own overhead & I open mine & it turns out someone from economy had stuffed their stuff in mine on their way by. If I don't get the extra legroom to & from NY not the end of the world, I just had a recent ACL reconstruction & my knee stiffens up easily if I get it in one position.

Edited by dlynn0366