Packing the wine

Hi. So to bring wine on board best way is to pack it in your carry-on and not in your checked luggage?

Do you wrap it up in like bubblewrap or something or does it need to be unwrapped so they can make sure its a bottle of wine?

Thanks!

Carry it in your carry on. After security they "might" ask you to go to a table where you will show them the bottles. I Usually pack mine in "Wine Diapers" then put into my carry on. Google them. They are great for packing in your suitcase too!

We bring "boxed wine" (don't laugh)

It's the equivalent of 4 bottles and we remove it from the box. We put it in a zip loc bag (incase it gets broken) and it lays flat nicely in the suitcase.

with a little planning you can find some really nice box wines (I like Bota Box Old Vine Zin) - Excellent!

I don't know how they track the allowance, but we bring this and some porta-shot packets and never have any issues. (yes carry on)

generally we carry it on, but not always. when we book two cabins (4 bottle allowance), the extra weight in carry on can get to be a bit much. In such cases we will pad them with clothing and place in a checked bag with the expectation of having to go to naughty room to show it is wine and reclaim it. It is a trade- off.

We bring "boxed wine" (don't laugh)

It's the equivalent of 4 bottles and we remove it from the box. We put it in a zip loc bag (incase it gets broken) and it lays flat nicely in the suitcase.

with a little planning you can find some really nice box wines (I like Bota Box Old Vine Zin) - Excellent!

I don't know how they track the allowance, but we bring this and some porta-shot packets and never have any issues. (yes carry on)

They don't see the wine in the un packed box when your suitcase goes thru security? What are portashot packets?

Thanks!