When to Check for Price Drops?

jenne252

I'm sure this question has been asked many times, so Im sorry but the search function doesn't seem to work well for me (I get an error trying to click on the links that return from the search).

I was wondering when you start looking for price drops? I remember my first cruise, we ended up with a tiny amount of OBC, around $40 ish (I am not sure if that was each or collectively) but we also went up from an interior room on 1 to an OV on 2 during a sale. I know I booked in October for our Memorial Day cruise, but I have no idea when I started actively watching for price drops.

I just booked last week for our Honeymoon, September 13th. I am guessing that the experts around here don't log in daily and do a mock booking to check the price from day 1 after booking, so I am wondering what prompts you to, or when you think is a good time to start checking.

As one can imagine, with a wedding in August, my free time is already being sucked up as fast as I get it :)

You never know when you will see a price drop. I've checked twice in one day and had it be different. Two years ago we booked a July cruise on Jan 21. We got price reductions on Feb 20, March 13, March 18, March 27, April 2, and April 5 before final payment. Then we got additional onboard credit May 15 and May 31.

This Carnival link is one shortcut to view prices, but it shows you the total minus the port fees & taxes. http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#

Hope this helps.