NCL phone problems?

nets33

Was going to book using our FCC at one of the big box stores but the web-site says "Due to intermittent phone line outages at the cruise line [...] unable to make or change Norwegian Cruise Line reservations."

Has anyone had problems calling NCL today? We have to call to make our reservations using the FCC. We can wait but want to be sure the UBP promotion will still be available tomorrow.

Was going to book using our FCC at one of the big box stores but the web-site says "Due to intermittent phone line outages at the cruise line [...] unable to make or change Norwegian Cruise Line reservations."

Has anyone had problems calling NCL today? We have to call to make our reservations using the FCC. We can wait but want to be sure the UBP promotion will still be available tomorrow.

Why do you have to call? I was able to book ours online through my online NCL account. When I logged in the FCC showed up on there. Also, if you search social media or these boards for a PCC and contact them direct, you will probably have better luck getting ahold of someone.

Why do you have to call? I was able to book ours online through my online NCL account. When I logged in the FCC showed up on there. Also, if you search social media or these boards for a PCC and contact them direct, you will probably have better luck getting ahold of someone.

NCL's website is $100+ more than the big box store TA I usually use. I realize I can book direclty with NCL using my FCC however saving over $100 is worth a phone call to me but I wanted to see if anyone using an outside TA was told there were phone problems. Not sure if TA's calling into NCL for new bookings use different phone lines.

Edited by nets33

I have been on hold for 25 minutes. I too see a $100+ difference through an online outlet and wanted to see if they would honor the price drop form what I booked two days ago?.......

Oh, I see. I did hear yesterday that the store you are talking about couldn't get ahold of NCL.

I have been on hold for 25 minutes. I too see a $100+ difference through an online outlet and wanted to see if they would honor the price drop form what I booked two days ago?.......

Thanks for confirming the wait. We're in no hurry - I guess I'll wait until later tonight or tomorrow to make the booking.

I finally spoke to someone and the lady was kind of rude, she said to me if I found a better price on an online retailer that they do not honor their pricing and did I want to cancel my current reservation?

Really? I am in the Cabin that I want, the one right next to me, same category is $100 less.....

not getting it

I finally spoke to someone and the lady was kind of rude, she said to me if I found a better price on an online retailer that they do not honor their pricing and did I want to cancel my current reservation?
Don't cancel. Ask your TA for a transfer quote. NCL allows this, and many TAs will be happy to take over the booking after you and NCL have done all the work, and offer you a reduced cruise fare and/or other perks.

Definitely recommend transferring to a TA. Booked through NCL, received an email confirmation guaranteeing $200 OBC, never received it once onboard. NCL has provided NO acceptable customer service response.

I have had that happen once. Simple to fix. Take a copy of your reservation or amenity confirmation that states the amount of OBC to Guest Services. It might take them a day to get it straightened out, but they will.