We didn't make it

weregoingcruising

Did you check with the credit card company you used to pay for the cruise? Most Visa/Mastercards have trip delay/cancellation policys iincluded for free. Maybe you can get refunded for the portion you lost. After reading documentation from my new Visa last week I was wondering if I should even buy insurance for my next cruise.

Yes but no luck with my card.

While I have alway used travelguard gold- now that my dh are in early 60's it is actually a much better deal to use the cruiseline insurance COMBINED with medjet membership. The cost of travelguard is just ridiculous for older persons. They used to be pretty good regarding "pre existing conditions waiver" if insurance is purchased right away upon booking. But now, I am hearing reports of them not honoring that without a fight--just like all the other travel insurance companies-- After thorough research by me- If you are not older than 50, and are basically in good health- then yes, travelguard and the others do offer more for your buck than the cruiseline insurance. But if you are older and are on any medications--colesteral, diabetes, heart, etc. at least you will get 75% back the cost on missed cruise in form of a vouture for the next one. At least you are not out the higher prices of the insurance itself from all the providers.

While I have alway used travelguard gold- now that my dh are in early 60's it is actually a much better deal to use the cruiseline insurance COMBINED with medjet membership. The cost of travelguard is just ridiculous for older persons. They used to be pretty good regarding "pre existing conditions waiver" if insurance is purchased right away upon booking. But now, I am hearing reports of them not honoring that without a fight--just like all the other travel insurance companies-- After thorough research by me- If you are not older than 50, and are basically in good health- then yes, travelguard and the others do offer more for your buck than the cruiseline insurance. But if you are older and are on any medications--colesteral, diabetes, heart, etc. at least you will get 75% back the cost on missed cruise in form of a vouture for the next one. At least you are not out the higher prices of the insurance itself from all the providers.

You need to talk to Steve at Tripinsurancestore.com. You are wrong.