Any Getaway dining threads with pics?

Mirrasi

Are there any dining threads for the getaway with reviews and pics?

Also, I am booking an inside room so will need to purchase the upgraded plan separately. It says the specialty restaurants are half off for 9 year olds. So if I bought him the UDP is it half off or should I purchase each place separately?

The UDP has a childrens price when purchasing it.

Not true.

Ultimate Dining Package

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, 24/7 Pizza Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

However....

Children

Children may order off of our complimentary children’s menu in any of our specialty restaurants at no charge, or they may dine for 50% off the cover charge by selecting from the ½ price children’s specialty restaurant menu.

Okay, so I'll have to buy his ala carte, he wont eat the kids menu stuff. :rolleyes:

So when I book reservations ahead online, can I book for him along with me, even though he's not on the UDP?

Yes, you can. Once you purchase the UDP, (and are close enough to your sailing time to make online reservations), you can make reservations at any of the specialty restaurants for whatever number is in your party (whether or not they all have UDP).

Okay, so I'll have to buy his ala carte, he wont eat the kids menu stuff. :rolleyes:

So when I book reservations ahead online, can I book for him along with me, even though he's not on the UDP?

Yes, but you will be charged fully price initially.

More info from the web site:

All adjustments for non-package pre-paid reservations for children will be completed onboard through the posting of a credit to your stateroom folio. If the child ordered from the complimentary children’s menu, then a credit equal to the amount of the cover charge for the restaurant will be posted to your folio. If the child ordered from the ½ price children’s specialty menu, then a credit equal to 50% of the amount of the cover charge for the restaurant will be posted to your folio.

Edited by ColinIllinois

They will not be charged full price for the child unless the UDP is purchased for him (and there is no need to do that). My husband and I have the UDP and we made reservations online at every specialty restaurant. We just put the reservation under my husband's name and said 'party of 4' - did not get charged for the kids. We will just pay the 1/2 price charge for them at the time of our dinner. You only pay the full price for kids (and then get reimbursed 1/2) if you purchase the UDP for them ahead of time.

If I have 2 kids (8&12), and they were given the UDP as part of the freestyle offer, are they allowed to order from the regular adult menu? What is on the 1/2 price kids menu?

I would like for my kids to at least try to order something from the adult menu. Will they be allowed to order a mix of specialty menu and regular kids menu? (ie. mac&cheese + Fruits de Mer in one seating)

Thanks!

Not true.

Ultimate Dining Package

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, 24/7 Pizza Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

However....

Children

Children may order off of our complimentary children’s menu in any of our specialty restaurants at no charge, or they may dine for 50% off the cover charge by selecting from the ½ price children’s specialty restaurant menu.

You are correct. I should have double checked before posting.

If I have 2 kids (8&12), and they were given the UDP as part of the freestyle offer, are they allowed to order from the regular adult menu? What is on the 1/2 price kids menu?

I would like for my kids to at least try to order something from the adult menu. Will they be allowed to order a mix of specialty menu and regular kids menu? (ie. mac&cheese + Fruits de Mer in one seating)

Thanks!

Would like to know this as well...

Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks!

There is no half price kids menu.

If you pay for the kids in the speciality restaurant then you are charged half the cover charge and they select from the normal menu.

If they select from the kids menu (which I have always assumed is the same as the kids menu in the MDR but I could be wrong there) then you don't pay anything.

I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get them something from the kids menu as well as the normal menu, as long as you pay the charge or they have the UDP.

Edited by KeithJenner