Loyalty Program

jamon

John Heald mentioned on his facebook today, that the subject of the loyalty program came up when he was answering questions on his bloggers cruise. Was wondering what his answer was and where it stands. Recently, early November, CEO Arnold Donald also mentioned in a talk that they were looking into a loyalty program that would "cut across the nine brands". Has anyone heard any more about this or know what John's answer was when he was asked.

I don't know if an absolute combination of cruise loyalty points would be a good thing for most Carnival cruisers. Holland, Princess and the others have much longer cruises and their passengers have hundreds, if not, thousands of cruise days. Carnival cruisers, for the most part, would be at the bottom of any combined loyalty program.

I think it would be nice however, to offer some level appropriate benefits when sailing on the other brands. HAL treats all previous cruisers on any Carnival owned line as a returning passenger. We will be doing this for the first time in July in Alaska. We will receive a lunch on embarkation day in the MDR as well as a few other benefits and the past guest party. It will be hard to move from Diamond on Carnival to no standing on HAL but at least we will get something.

I think this is a question of beware of what you're asking for because it might not beneficial. It will be interesting to see what kind of changes will be coming in the future.

I don't know if an absolute combination of cruise loyalty points would be a good thing for most Carnival cruisers. Holland, Princess and the others have much longer cruises and their passengers have hundreds, if not, thousands of cruise days. Carnival cruisers, for the most part, would be at the bottom of any combined loyalty program.

I think it would be nice however, to offer some level appropriate benefits when sailing on the other brands. HAL treats all previous cruisers on any Carnival owned line as a returning passenger. We will be doing this for the first time in July in Alaska. We will receive a lunch on embarkation day in the MDR as well as a few other benefits and the past guest party. It will be hard to move from Diamond on Carnival to no standing on HAL but at least we will get something.

I think this is a question of beware of what you're asking for because it might not beneficial. It will be interesting to see what kind of changes will be coming in the future.

Extremely well said, kicia! I agree 100% that you have to be careful what you wish for. Carnival is not exactly burning up the industry in past guest benefits (NCL seems to have that title for the mass lines) and each new change has not brought anything extraordinary to be sure.

I'd much rather see them revamp the program into something that actually encourages their passengers to return. We are currently Platinum (though should be Diamond had they kept records back to 1984 when I started cruising) and absolutely cruise for the fact that we love cruising and not for the perks offered to us.

I was so disappointed this year when I added up my days and with my upcoming cruises it comes to 74 days......just short of Platinum.

Under old program I would have been........but 2 cruises we opted for 5 days with land based hotels connected with them for a variety...........had I known they were gonna change to days instead of cruises I would have gotten one more day in there.

Oh well a day late and a dollar short.....always!!!!