Freestyle UBP Question

splendoraway

I know with the freestyle UBP two people in the cabin receives the UBP and the remainder receive the soda package. Can you choose who receives which package? We booked a family suite on the Dawn for 4 people (myself, DH, DS and DDIL). My DH and I are the first and second on the reservation but we are not big drinkers and would like my DS and DDIL to receive the UBP and we will happily use the soda card. I don't want to change the reservation to have the DS and DDIL as the primary and secondary because its a surprise for their anniversary and since we are paying for the suite we deserve the OBC. Anyone have any experience on choosing who receives which package? I thought I would ask here before trying to deal with NCL directly. I know that sometimes the information that they give you is not necessarily the correct info. Many thanks.

Passengers 1 and 2 get the drink package and 3-8 get the soda. You can try, but I don't think it will work. The UDP is attached to the key card of 1 and 2. What makes it ever more difficult is 1 and 2 split the OBC. You might be able to get it moved.

You need the sticker (so the bar staff can see right away that you have the package), but the sticker is not enough: the fact that your account includes the UBP has to be in the computer, too.

You can call NCL and ask, but my guess is they will not be able to do anything. You can try again when you get on board, at the front desk or talk to the ship's bar manager or food & beverage director. They are probably your best bet, but several people have asked similar questions about switching the promo packages around and so far I have not heard of anyone having any success.