Room WiFi: How many devices?

soxfan2013

We had the unlimited package on our early January cruise on Reflection. Four of us were using it, taking turns connecting phones and tablets. I found, oddly, that my tablet continued to receive email even after it was logged out. I couldn't get to the internet on my tablet unless I logged in with the username/password, but I always had email. Can't explain it!

We didn't really have much trouble getting connected.

I'm sure there are people who feel no need to stay connected when they are on vacation, but we found it very convenient. It was a splurge, to be sure, and I am not sure we'd have done it for just two of us, but we were glad to have it for our group.

Eric...thanks a lot for your suggestion, whether using "Connectivity" or otherwise!

MA bell...thanks for your perspectives too. if the Navy loses connectivity, then I get that part. Not sure about the bandwidth/slow speeds though, whether that's a $ issue or a tech issue.

If you really, really have to stay in touch, and the company will pay for it, Sat Phone or Sat Wifi will give you independent connectivity. Pricey but bullet proof considering what you would shell out for four subscriptions to the ships internet. Unless your trip is at the North or south Pole, and some remote locations your good. You can google sat providers. And you can hotspot or tether. , provided you have line of sight to the satellite. Won't work in inside cabin or the wrong side of the ship balcony cabin.

Remember that if you use a cell phone for internet surfing, you can also rack up huge per minute charges for using the satellite phone service. Those run about $2.49 a minute if you don't specifically use the wifi feature of the phone and just use the phone for web surfing.