Car hire from Southampton Cruise Terminal

Carter7568

We are finishing our cruise at this terminal and are going to hire a car from Enterprise instead of using the free coach by P&O back to Manchester airport.

How far is the car hire desk from where the ship docks?

Will enterprise pick you up from the dock side by the ship?

Could I pick up the vehicle and drive it to the side of the ship?

The reason I ask these questions is that my wife is wheelchair bound and we will have lots of cases and carry on baggage as well and I would rather not leave my wife on the dock side.

Many thanks for any replies.

Paula and Andy

I have used Enterprise before. Their depot is at Gate 8 just outside the dock fence. You don't say which cruise terminal you are arriving back at but I assume it's Mayflower, which is about a mile away from Gate 8.

Enterprise will pick you up from the terminal and take you to their depot to pick up your car.

I was also at Mayflower so what I did was phone them as soon as we had collected our baggage in the baggage hall. They came in about 15 minutes. To avoid humping baggage in and out of cars, I left my wife with the baggage at the terminal whilst I went to pick up the car. I then drove back to the terminal to load the baggage and my wife and then off we went.

A map of the port is here

http://www.abports.co.uk/admin/content/files/Port%20plans/Southampton%20Map%202011.pdf

Brian

We to were faced with the challenge of getting back home, without going all the way back to Manchester, similar to yourselves my other half is disabled and uses a mobility scooter for getting around, and we would have a number of suitcases and an overnight case. after considerable research and much double checking dotting the i's and crossing the t's we decided to go with a particular coach company ( the one that was previously used by P&O) that have accessible areas on their coaches, in that the wheel chair user/ person with limited mobility and their carer can reserves seats in the area just behind the driver, without having to climb any steps.