Costa Diadema bars and AI

allenshouse

We are sailing on the Diadema from Barcelona on 9th March and have pre-purchased AI.

I have read somewhere that there are 3 bars in which AI is not accepted on the ship.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, and if so which bars this applies to?

The only bar that I know that is not included is "The All Inclusive Beverage Package is not applicable in the Florian Bar (Costa Atlantica)".

Could be bars that only serve specific drinks that are not covered by AI, i.e.Dresden Green Pub, Gran Duca Di Toscana Wine Bar.

If you don't get a definate answer here, give Costa a call.

Thank you G.M.T.

I have received the following reply from Costa:

Dear Sir,

On board there is a Teppanyaky restaurant, the German brewery and a Wine tasting bar, these bars/restaurants have an extra charge, so the all inclusive will be valid on the intems included, for example, at the teppanyaky, if you order water sould be included, but not a sake or a japanese beer, these item would be in the "premium brands" excluded from the all inclusive.

In all regular bars the all inclusive is valid.

Regards

Costa Cruises

I believe that this means we can enjoy drinks free if they are on the AI list even if we are in the above bars.

However, I would appreciate clarification from someone who has been on the ship.

Many thanks.

Hi there fellow cruiser,

Well I just came back from the Costa Diadema last week and I wish I had someone to provide me with the same info I am about to share with you. Hope it helps.

724a3aa0a654ccbab092c166f430e1eb.jpg

00874aaacb5a2b518bc6b5ff0f079fe5.jpg

4b8c06174f932be82a288f891a8e6ff7.jpg

21a1e28cc95db846eb0594fab9c7e09f.jpg

2817085f0e555302bc47a91d5e451fbe.jpg

Overall I enjoyed the cruise, but to be honest coming from 13 cruises on Royal Caribbean, the simple fact that during breakfast you only get crappy cheap orange or pineapple juice sucks! During lunch you only have free water and during dinner you must pay for anything you drink! Ps there policy is that the whole room pays and not only one person in the room. This is to avoid sharing.

On a nicer note, I found that during port visits I stocked up well on water and soft drinks from local supermarkets and had no problem getting them in by the cartons [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information, but as I mentioned we have pre-purchased the AI package so won't have to worry about stocking up in port.

Can anyone help clarify whether you can obtain AI drinks in the restricted bars that Costa mention in the above reply to me.

Thanks.

Ibizasue is right - can't use the AI in the Champagne bar, but they do have 'Aperitivo' offers each night and we had some lovely champagne there one night, with canapes, for 7 euros each.

Nor could we use it in the Dresden Bar, which might explain why it was usually so quiet!

We had the Teppanyaki one night and there was no problem using it for water & wine - which kept on coming!

A good tip from Ibizasue was using it at breakfast for better OJ and proper coffee, which we did, both in the buffet & main dining room. In the buffet there are also waiters pushing trolleys with tea & coffee - they also have sachets of hot chocolate you can have made with hot milk.