Bahia Mar Hotel, Fort Lauderdale......

sail7seas

I tried twice to post this question on the Hotel Section but it kept getting losting in cyber netherland.......

For anyone who has stayed at Bahia Mar, what is their pool area like? Is it large? Decent pool furniture? Pretty landscaping? A place for lunch?

I hope someone can help. Thank you.

:) Bookworm.....

No.....we are not thinking of staying there YET but in the foreseeable future, we may be.

They have a new Manager there and he is really wonderful. Very, very able. He has some work to do (without question) but we are confident he will make that property up to par with its sister property, Hyatt Pier 66.

The reason for my interest is that there is an on-going renovation at Pier 66 and the pool and grounds are being rebuilt. IF when we are at the Hyatt in October, the pool area is not usable, we probably will 'go up the street' and see about using theirs. Bahia Mar is really only a high level three star but with the right manager and right work done, it has potential to be a lot better.

It is across from the beach further up the road from Pier 66.....traveling away from Port Everglades.

If we use their pool, go to see that hotel, I'll post comments when we return, if you wish.

:) Bookworm.....

No.....we are not thinking of staying there YET but in the foreseeable future, we may be.

They have a new Manager there and he is really wonderful. Very, very able. He has some work to do (without question) but we are confident he will make that property up to par with its sister property, Hyatt Pier 66.

:confused: Just wondering what the "sister property" connection is?

I don't see Bahia Mar listed as a Hyatt Hotel and your post reads as if there is common ownership calling it a "sister property". Is BM in the Hyatt chain?

S7S, I stayed here last March, found the hotel to be very nice, a bit on the older side, but we found it clean and perfect for a pre or post cruise stay. It won't compare to the Hyatt Pier 66, but I liked it.

There were no shuttles from the airport to the hotel or the hotel to the pier the next morning, but the bellhops are more than helpful in this area. They made all the arrangements for a van for us to go to the pier. We had 5 girls in our party and were hoping NOT to have to take 2 cabs.

The pool area I didn't care for, it seemed to be way too open and small. I guess it needed more landscaping. We did, however, enjoy the beach. There is like a Tiki Bar type of area, which we had lunch at and the service and food were excellent.

We had the breakfast buffet in the restaurant the next morning and it was also excellent.

I'd definately stay here again.

Same ownership doesn't make the BM and Hyatt Pier66 "sister properties", like the Zuiderdam and Prisendam are not sisters, but thanks for the information. We are always interested in having another good resort choice and it will be interesting to see how the Bahia Mar is improved. Keep us informed, please, if you go there. :)

The Owners refer to the properties that way. I have a communication from then and that is 'their verbage'. I agree that there is some confusion by doing that....however, I suppose the owners can do as they please. ? :) ?

Archived