QV & QE Q6 question

cruiseluvva

We have travelled in a Q5 before, but due to the time of year, and consequently the possibility of iffy weather, are thinking of booking a Q6. I see the "middle" Q6 on each deck, is slightly larger than those on either side. Do I remember reading that there is a difference in the layout of the "middle" one, and those either side? And if so, is one preferable to the others?

We're open to advice, so thank you for any comments.

The middle one ie 5194 on QV has a divider that semi separates the seating area from the entrance door and wardrobes facing the door on top is a mirror and facing inwards a tv,the cabins either side don't have this....you tube has both cabins to view type in cunard queen victoria 5194 and 5192 hope that helps incidentally I've just booked 5194 for a cruise later on in the year.

Gill

Parent stayed in 5194 on QV and we had booked 5192. We were upgraded to a Q3 (which we didn't want and now use the "do not upgrade" option) when booking a suite at the back of the ship.

There is a centre island which splits the room from the entrance with a mirror on and the fridge underneath. The TV is attached to the other side of this.

Our feelings were that the ones either side were slightly larger than the centre suite and have booked one of these on an upcoming QE trip. Unless they want to upgrade us to a Q2 or Q1, we're not moving this time.

I do have some photos when we were on board with parents and niece but can't seem to load them on this site so will contact you separately on v-flyer.

Lynne

I have also opted for no upgrade for my booking later in the year..I can't see any Benefit of being in a Q3/4 apart from the location but is that worth the extra cost...I have been Q2 on Victoria very nice and well recommended...

If I had 5192 I think I would stick with it as it looked a little more open, without the centre island in the way.

When you look at the youtube video it's showing as a QV Queens Grill Q4 before Cunard reclassified those on the back of the ship to Q6.

The dressing area on the centre one seems to be nearer the bathroom and front door whereas the ones either side appear to be nearer to the bed.

If I had 5192 I think I would stick with it as it looked a little more open, without the centre island in the way.

When you look at the youtube video it's showing as a QV Queens Grill Q4 before Cunard reclassified those on the back of the ship to Q6.

The dressing area on the centre one seems to be nearer the bathroom and front door whereas the ones either side appear to be nearer to the bed.

Having had a peep into both, I would go for 5192. It does appear more spacious and I prefer the layout of the dressing area. The central island is in the way as far as I'm concerned.