Fried Calamari

radlad68

When I was on the Gem last summer, I had it for lunch in the MDR. They had implemented the new menus already at that point. It's difficult to sell an Italian girl on aioli with fried calamari rather than marinara sauce, but it was very yummy!

• 2 weeks later...
When I was on the Gem last summer, I had it for lunch in the MDR. They had implemented the new menus already at that point. It's difficult to sell an Italian girl on aioli with fried calamari rather than marinara sauce, but it was very yummy!

They'll bring you marinara - found that out after several times settling for the aioli! Had the fried calamari on Getaway for both lunch (on one of the 2 menus) in the DR as well as appetizer at dinner 1 night. Sometimes at lunch I get a double order as my entree.

Best was at La Cucina with the full pieces/tentacles as well as the rings.:)

I've noticed that the Ginza menu for our ship includes Salt & Pepper Calamari, which is my favorite way to eat it.

Anyone have experiences with that?

Brings back good memories. It's been quite a few years but that dish was delicious! Very lightly fried and a little different twist. Definitely try it if you go there.:)