Car drop-off for Port of Miami

Willeve

We are flying from the UK into Miami, hiring a car and driving to Naples for 6 nights. We are then driving back to Miami for our cruise. Is our best option to drop the car back at the airport and get a taxi to the port? We are 4 passengers each with a suitcase. Thank you!

depends on the company you rent from but most majors will shuttle you to the port from their airport location

and some cruisers prefer to drop 3 with all the luggage at the port, then return the car with only 1 needing to shuttle . . . or taxi

Edited by Capt_BJ

Your best bet is to rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty who will shuttle you to POM from their MIA airport location - saving you the "excitement" of driving in downtown Miami. ;)

Hertz, Avis and Budget have locations close to POM - a $10-12 cab ride from the port.

I would not drop off passengers and then go to drop the car off - could be a long wait.

Your best bet is to rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty who will shuttle you to POM from their MIA airport location - saving you the "excitement" of driving in downtown Miami. ;)

Hertz, Avis and Budget have locations close to POM - a $10-12 cab ride from the port.

I would not drop off passengers and then go to drop the car off - could be a long wait.

and if a busy day and the shuttles are running full THAT'S a long wait and a crowded ride

roll the dice ..... see what comes up.

options ... all I'm talking here is OPTIONS .....

IMO I'd stay away from downtown rental offices and stick to the airport ones ... depends on how comfortable you are driving in a busy city. My opinion is based on 10+ years living in Miami, and 5 of those working downtown; the rest working on a ship that called Miami Beach & Government Cut home . . .