Just off the Jewel! Any Questions

Mel2421

Excursions

Cozumel- Mr. Sanchos

Belize- Shark Ray Alley and Reef and Island with Belize Express tours

Roatan- Little French Key $98 package with Snorkling (Best Excursion Ever! )

Second time on the Jewel, first time with UBP. Loved it! Also went to Roatan, last time went to Trujillo.

Ask away

We stayed in cabin 5600 and moved to 5590 because of some noise issues. They were ocean views. Last time we were in a balcony 9132. Ate at O'Sheehan's 3 times, ate at Cagney's steak house, and ate at Tsars a lot and for breakfast mostly the buffet and twice at Tsars.

Thanks for posting! We'll be on the Jewel in 3 weeks. Did you notice if there was a long wait for the Tsar's Palace around the 7 o'clock hour? Also, how early did you have to get to the shows (for us the 9:15) to get a good seat? Thanks so much!

We will have the UBP also. Did you have any problems getting drinks? Did you have the sticker on your r

Cabin card before boarding or did you have to go to guest services to get it added?

Edited by jjdshoe

Thanks for posting! We'll be on the Jewel in 3 weeks. Did you notice if there was a long wait for the Tsar's Palace around the 7 o'clock hour? Also, how early did you have to get to the shows (for us the 9:15) to get a good seat? Thanks so much!

If you have a big party call ahead to make a reservation. We did have to wait one night to get into Tsars, but the wait was about 15 mins and they gave us free glasses of sparkling wine for having to wait. We opted to order drinks with the UBP instead. We were only a party of 2.

Getting on board we were in Group 11 and we waited about an hour.

Have fun! If you are parking at port you have to drop off your luggage first and then you park. There was a porter ready to turn our luggage in for us for a small tip.

We will have the UBP also. Did you have any problems getting drinks? Did you have the sticker on your r

Cabin card before boarding or did you have to go to guest services to get it added?

We never had any problems using our UBP. There is a sticker on your keycard. Just make sure the drinks you order are $10 or less.

Bottled water and fresh squeezed juice is not included.

I tried a bunch of drinks I had never had before. Lot's of fun. Enjoy!

I'm curious as to the amount of open air deck viewing on the Jewel. I'll be taking the Jewel to Alaska and wanted to be able to take some photographs from the railing without having a plexiglass barrier. Do they still have the outdoor walking track or do they have a forward viewing section near the bow?

Bev

I'm curious as to the amount of open air deck viewing on the Jewel. I'll be taking the Jewel to Alaska and wanted to be able to take some photographs from the railing without having a plexiglass barrier. Do they still have the outdoor walking track or do they have a forward viewing section near the bow?

Bev

There are a lot of areas to get good pics without any obstruction. I would say deck 12 will be your best bet. Enjoy! Alaska is beautiful! They do still have the walking track. There is great Forward viewing on 13 right above the Great Outdoors at least I think that is forward.

Cozumel- Mr. Sanchos. - Was it crowded and would you say this is a party beach club or more laid back. We would likely do the pay as you go and are looking for a nice beach to just relax. Did take a tour or taxi?

Belize- Shark Ray Alley and Reef and Island with Belize Express tours - did you like this tour? How was the boat and snorkeling?

We stayed in cabin 5600 and moved to 5590 because of some noise issues - what kind of noise issues did you have? We will be in 5550 but it looks like it is under Le Bistro so hoping noise won't be an issue but will be packing earplugs anyway {DH snores really loud)

Glad you had a great trip we will be onboard in 3 weeand can't wait to get away from all the snow and enjoy unlimited bevarage package too :)

Bev

Be sure you try The Great Outdoors aft of the buffet in addition to the places others have mentioned.

There are a lot of areas to get good pics without any obstruction. I would say deck 12 will be your best bet. Enjoy! Alaska is beautiful! They do still have the walking track. There is great Forward viewing on 13 right above the Great Outdoors at least I think that is forward.

Be sure you try The Great Outdoors aft of the buffet in addition to the places others have mentioned.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely be trying different locations on the ship trying to "get the shot."

Now I'm curious about those private karaoke rooms in the Fyzz Lounge. What can you tell me about those?

How many ships were in port in Roatan and were any of them Carnival? I read that Carnival is offering Little French Key as an excursion and it's really crowded when there's a Carnival ship in port. Would love to hear about your experience. Thanks

Pat

How many ships were in port in Roatan and were any of them Carnival? I read that Carnival is offering Little French Key as an excursion and it's really crowded when there's a Carnival ship in port. Would love to hear about your experience. Thanks

Pat

Just log onto

http://www.cruisett.com

You can look up ports by date and see which cruise ships are in port.

How many ships were in port in Roatan and were any of them Carnival? I read that Carnival is offering Little French Key as an excursion and it's really crowded when there's a Carnival ship in port. Would love to hear about your experience. Thanks Pat

Carnival has a separate port in Roatan that is a destination in and of itself with shops, a beach, a ski chair type ride, etc. It is not close to where Norwegian docks. As I understand it, Carnival has a ship excursion to a place across from Little French Key with a similar name. Little French Key you book independent of the cruise lines. Mitsugirly provided a detailed explanation and pictures of the two in her review last year: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130767&page=15

Carnival has a separate port in Roatan that is a destination in and of itself with shops, a beach, a ski chair type ride, etc. It is not close to where Norwegian docks. As I understand it, Carnival has a ship excursion to a place across from Little French Key with a similar name. Little French Key you book independent of the cruise lines. Mitsugirly provided a detailed explanation and pictures of the two in her review last year: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130767&page=15

Thanks! I was looking forward to going there after reading her review some time back, but after reading crowded reviews and having a Carnival ship in port with us in April, I was concerned. I thought they were one and the same and this was something recently with Carnival. Guess I missed something in that 45 page review. :o

Pat

We'll be boarding in less than 2 weeks and I wonder what your thoughts were about Trujillo? Thanks!

We went to a place called Banana Beach Resort it was nice! I think we paid $30 a person. Did not include food or additional drinks. You do get one drink included in the price. Nice beach the also have a pool there with slide.

Pat

Little French Key was not crowded at all. I think I remember two other ships were docked at Mohagany bay. I think a Carnival and a Princess.

here is some notes

Cozumel- Mr. Sanchos. - Was it crowded and would you say this is a party beach club or more laid back. We would likely do the pay as you go and are looking for a nice beach to just relax. Did take a tour or taxi?

(Me) Mr. Sanchos: We got there early and got one of the Cabanas furthest from the bar. It was quiet and relaxing where we were at. As the day went on it got pretty crowded but only by the bar and pool. The beach was nice and uncrowded. We took a taxi for $18 each way at the port.

Belize- Shark Ray Alley and Reef and Island with Belize Express tours - did you like this tour? How was the boat and snorkeling?

(Me) We booked this at the port. You just go to the Wet Lizard which is very close to the port. We paid $50 per person. There was a ton of Rum punch that was included and also some fresh fruit after the reef snorkel. The highlight for me was swimming with the sharks and stingrays. Very Cool. They take you to Caye Caulkner island. Make sure you take cash they charge $1 to use the restroom. One of the guides James is very enthusiastic and made the excursion fun.

We stayed in cabin 5600 and moved to 5590 because of some noise issues - what kind of noise issues did you have? We will be in 5550 but it looks like it is under Le Bistro so hoping noise won't be an issue but will be packing earplugs anyway {DH snores really loud)

(Me) We had an issue with a loose ventilation panel that rattled. Also at 1 a.m. someone in the restaurant above or whatever was above us dropped some heavy things that made a loud noise that jolted me away. The noise went on for about 30 minutes. It also sounded like a dish washing machine or was machine. Very loud. Anyways was happy they moved us after that no problems.

(Me) Have fun!

Glad you had a great trip we will be onboard in 3 weeand can't wait to get away from all the snow and enjoy unlimited bevarage package too :)

We went to a place called Banana Beach Resort it was nice! I think we paid $30 a person. Did not include food or additional drinks. You do get one drink included in the price. Nice beach the also have a pool there with slide.

Thank you, was this through NCL?

We booked directly with them. They have a little building once you leave port. They have cold drinks you can buy while you wait for the bus to take you to the resort. I believe the family that run it are from Dallas. Nice place to spend the day. I would go back there again when I return to Trujillo.