Cruise vs All-Inclusive Resort

dortrust

Cruises are good to give you a small sample of various ports. Then when you find one you like, take a land-based trip there, either as an all-inclusive or not. You've never really experienced a port until you've spent time there when no cruise ships are present. It's a different world.

We've done way more all-inclusives that cruises, although we've moved away from it a bit. One of our favorite parts of land vacations is exploring many different places, and researching and experience local customs and cultures. That includes dining at various spots, and not merely in restaurants at the hotel. For that reason, we've kind of moved away from that type of vacation. We've gotten in a rut with cruising lately, but we both prefer land trips. It's just easier for us to afford cruises right now.

Edited by LrgPizza

We love both. We have not found the prices comparable for 6 years. I realize that for some cruisers it could be more economical because of all the different ports the cruise line goes out of now. We are very landlocked and always fly to a port. Until the recent UBP offer we thought our cruising days were over. I am so glad I asked this question. Because it is obvious it is personal preference. Glad to know there are some that enjoy both as we do. They each have there good and not so good aspects. The smoking restrictions are also a factor for us although resort are restricting us as well. Thank you all for your opinion. Interesting......

Would really like to know if there are cruisers out there that also like to go to resorts. We have a cruise in 3 weeks but were at a resort last month. We have not been on a cruise for 6 years. The only reason we booked a cruise is because of the UBP.

We love both and I am just curious if there are others. Most comments seem like a cruise is the ONLY way to go. But after all this is Cruise Critic.

Both have benefits; it is simply a matter of preferance. Some people do both, one time cruise, the other AI. We have done both and just prefer the choices we get from cruising; more sights to see, ports, more dining choices and depending on your liquor consumtion AI can be pricier. If you do love to indulbe on vacation, AI do have the advantage of booze being included.

I don't think one is superior to the other. Most of our family like the idea of seeing different ports, having more entertainment and enjoying more activities. Our younger daughter and hubby do not like cruising and think the best vacation in the world is an AI with golf on the grounds or near by. Their life can be spent just laying on the beach, drinking a little here and there and doing the golf thing every few days. I might add, we have to laugh at them: they live in Florida for hearvens sake.

Edited by newmexicoNita