Need advice from those that have previously booked SS on Solstice

bothluv2cruise

Hi!! Previous to finding CC I booked a cruise to Alaska with DH to celebrate our anniversary. I used a large cc company as TA thinking I would get the best deal, that was not the case but thanks to everyone's input on CC I am learning.

Anyhow, I booked a CC cabin (9338) with the 123go. on the Solstice, May 22, 2015 Seattle to Seattle. Using tips found on CC, I have found better deals elsewhere, however CC and Aqua is sold out for this sailing. I have the opportunity to upgrade to a SS for approx $500 (pp) additional. I checked Celebrity website and these are the following SS that seem to be available:

S2

2137, 2153 or 2148

S1

7356 or 6305

If you had to pick based on your exp which one would you book? I'm not sure what the price difference would be between S1 or S2 but figured I'd get your advice just in case.

Thanking everyone in advance- appreciate your input!!

It depends on you, if you want sun or shade. 2137 is under the ocean view overhang so will have little daytime sun - early morning and late afternoon only. The other 2 are at the rear as are the S1s so you would have more chance of sun there.

I am sure all the S1s have the pole mentioned above.

All of these are near the rear of the ship so you will feel more movement there.

You also need to watch with what is on the Celebrity web site as you can end up losing out on the 123go that you currently have. That is not combinable with other offers so to keep that, it may be more to change.

I moved from a hump A1 to an AS for our reflection cruise and, to keep the package, I had to pay more than was shown of the Celebrity web site.

Gordon

I have stayed on Deck 12 in the S2. I found them to be noisy as they are under the ocean view café. If you are a light sleeper this could be a problem. I would book S1 on deck 7. The aft suites do not have overhang so you will be exposed to weather. In Alaska you can have rain and might not use the balcony as much.

It depends on you, if you want sun or shade. 2137 is under the ocean view overhang so will have little daytime sun - early morning and late afternoon only. The other 2 are at the rear as are the S1s so you would have more chance of sun there.

I am sure all the S1s have the pole mentioned above.

All of these are near the rear of the ship so you will feel more movement there.

You also need to watch with what is on the Celebrity web site as you can end up losing out on the 123go that you currently have. That is not combinable with other offers so to keep that, it may be more to change.

I moved from a hump A1 to an AS for our reflection cruise and, to keep the package, I had to pay more than was shown of the Celebrity web site.

Gordon

Thanks for the response- you are correct when you mention the part about losing the 123 promo. Both offers I had would not cover the classic drink package and / or credit. They would cover the gratuities, though. Not sure what to do; I don't mind the overhang, prefer the shade.

I have stayed on Deck 12 in the S2. I found them to be noisy as they are under the ocean view café. If you are a light sleeper this could be a problem. I would book S1 on deck 7. The aft suites do not have overhang so you will be exposed to weather. In Alaska you can have rain and might not use the balcony as much.

Thank you Maggie. You are right, the 2 aft may not be a good idea for Alaska.