Booking Questions

ASchaff

When I book, how will I know what category I am booking into. I am going to be booking Carnival Valor on 10/31/2015, and there is an ES VIFP price for 439 pp currently. I am looking at a room on deck 10, but I am not sure what "category" that room falls into. Am I better off booking on a lower deck when it comes to price drops?

All on the website

:rolleyes:

And CLEARLY I have been on the website, and I did not see what it gives a category ranking with a mock booking. I can guarantee you, that opinions on whether or not it is better to book a higher or lower category room, for the purpose of price drops, is NOT on the website. Instead of trying to be a smart a**, just click the back button if you aren't going to bother to contribute anything of value to the conversation or answer either of the questions presented.

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/VA/DeckPlans/Valor-Deck-Plan-PDFpdf

^^^That PDF should tell you what cabin category you are in... all of the rooms are color coded and they 'key' is up top... hope this is what you are looking for :)

As far as whether or not it's better to book on a higher or lower deck/category... that depends on what is important to the person booking... I like being close to elevators and higher than the dining room, so I always try to book a cabin between deck 5 and 8...

For price drops, I'm not sure what Carnival's criteria is on what cabins get them... It might differ from ship to ship and could also depend on that specific sailing...

Edited by bajangoddess82

Looks like you are looking at a Cat 4H Interior on Deck 10. There aren't many of them and deck 10 is a popular deck for some people. As such, there may not be many opportunities for price drops since these cabins may sell out.

When you do a mock booking, you will see a deck plan that shows available cabins. You can use Carnival's web site to look at deck plans to see the Cat, but I find it easier to use cruisedeckplans dot com to quickly see cabin Categories.

Edited by tandemcruzr

To find out what ctegory a cabin is, click on Explore our Ships. Then click on the ship you want. Then click on Deck Plans. There will be a red circle to the left that says Deck Plans. Click on that. Next will be a drawing of a ship with the deck names to the right. Click on the deck you want. There will be a slider to zoom in on the cabins. Click on the cabin you want. It will have the cabin type, such as "Balcony" and under that will be the category.

If you are looking for price drops, you need to book a category that has a fair amount of cabins. A category that does not is a 4J, which are the interior cabins in the front of the ship. To qualify for a price drop there needs to be at least one cabin available in the category you choose. However, you have the option to also upgrade if the price for a higher category is lower than what you paid.