4 day Liberty of the Seas 2/5/15-2/9/15

albee

Just off the Liberty today. Quick review but I will post the 4 day Compasses in a few days and answer any questions.

My husband and I had an interior Promenade on deck 8. I had the Ultimate drink package while my husband had the Premium package.

First, there is not a Freestyle Coke Machine on Liberty yet or if there is, it is well hidden and no staff knows about it.

Cabin ~ Our cabin, 8597, was well laid out and comfortable. Cabin attendant, Big Mamma, went out of her way to make sure we had anything we needed. Loved being able to people watch. The only issue we encountered at all was that the cabin was next to a service elevator/staircase and on the last night the movement of the luggage was an issue for me but not my husband. We were out late at the Quest and he fell fast asleep while I could hear luggage being taking down. If your a light sleeper, you might want some earplugs with that cabin.

Shows ~ We attended the ice show, In the Air, and Saturday Night Fever. All three were very good. My favorite was In the Air. I found the Saturday Night Fever show to be a little long and a little too loud. The props and set on both the productions were outstanding! I would recommend seeing them at least once.

Food ~ We ate in the MDR for dinner each night except when we went to Chops. Food was good in the MDR. Certainly something for everyone. The only exception was the steak that it is on the everyday section and it was pretty much just fat. Chops was exceptional and lived up to our expectations.

Sports Deck, Activities, and Pool ~ Flowrider was the highlight of my trip. Living in landlocked Indiana, there isn't many opportunities to try it so we definitely enjoyed it. Took on the rock wall as well. Neat to do in the middle of the ocean. Pools were cold. We spent the majority of the time at the adult pool. Only one time did we have any issue and that was some preteen kids in the pool and I think the glaring stares from the passengers made them decide to leave rather quickly.

We had no issue at all using our drink package. Service was just as good as any other cruise we have been on without a package. Was it worth it? Depends on who you are and what you like. I had a Cafe Mocha everyday, a Mimosa, and fresh juice every morning. I tried drinks that I wouldn't normally have tried. We did hand a one dollar bill with our card when we ordered a drink and rarely had to sign a receipt. I know the gratuities are included in the drink package but I also know these people work 16 hour days for not a great deal of money so taking a stack of ones to tip with wasn't a bag deal for us. I certainly don't think we would have experienced any different service if we had not tipped.

Overall we had a great time. The ship is beautiful and we never felt crowded. Staff was very nice and helpful. No issues at all. Would do it again anytime!

Thank you for your review. I am on the 4 day to Cozumel on March 5, so excited! I have read there are now the freestyle Coke machines on board. Did you happen to notice them? Also, did you book Chops in advance? I can't decide whether to make reservations as my mom only eats chicken and I noticed they only have one chicken entree. Although she would be happy to have all the sides without the entree!

There was no Freestyle machine :(. We did book the Chops in advance. We actually did Chops on our port day. One in our party had a little too much fun in Cozumel and didn't make it to dinner that night. They refunded the surcharge for her meal. Totally unexpected. Can't say what they had for entrees besides steak since that is what I was going for but they had some fantastic sides and starters.

You must the ones saw in Cozumel waiting to board the ship. I'm so sorry you lost 2 days of your vacation. Sounds like you took it better than I would have!

Yes that was us albee! A group of 31 who were never so glad to finally see Liberty! It is a sick feeling to land and look at the Port Everglades Webcam on your phone only to see the ship pulling out! In fact, I think I saw you waving from your balcony!! :)

Just a few questions you might be able to answer - do you know if there was a diamond lounge on ship and also if there was a cigar bar? Thank you.

Diamond Lounge is on deck 14, in the Viking Crown area. Cigar bar is in the Connouisseur Club, deck5, forward.

I see someone already beat me to the answer :).

I'm working on posting the daily Cruise Compass however it keeps coming up with either upload failed or a security tag is needed. As soon as I figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'll have those up.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't figure out how to post them :(. Happy to email them to you if you would like.

If you could email me that would be awesome at justmekaren918@yahoo.com My question is the shows, and do they repeat and the Compass would answer that. Thanks for the great review. Excited to be on Liberty in the end of March.

Sent you the Compasses this morning. The shows do repeat the same night. The second night was In the Air and the last night was Saturday Night Fever. The ice show was offered 2 times each sea day. Day 2 it was at 3pm and 5pm and Day 3 it was 2pm and 4pm.

Edited by albee