Grocery near pier? Drake2014 question!

snorkelphile

Thanks Drake2014 for your great local perspective. We are hoping there is a good place to buy 12 packs of soft drinks (tonic, diet 7-up, etc.) close enough to the ship not to kill us carrying it back and not too expensive. Thanks in advance for the answer!

Thanks Drake2014 for your great local perspective. We are hoping there is a good place to buy 12 packs of soft drinks (tonic, diet 7-up, etc.) close enough to the ship not to kill us carrying it back and not too expensive. Thanks in advance for the answer!

Well right at the moment there is a soda shortage (no I'm not kidding) so we are paying over $5 for a 12 pack no matter where we shop. [emoji19]

Now to answer your question there are several small markets in downtown Frederiksted easily within walking distance of the ship. I'll get you directions when I head into town this afternoon.

Why is there a soda shortage???

I have no idea. All of a sudden last month I started seeing stores running low on stock and prices climbing steadily. I asked a manager friend of mine and he said they were having trouble getting restocked.

• 3 months later...