Sunshine VS Valor HELP!

tipsycruisy

Im currently booked on Valor may 23rd sailing to Nassau, San Juan, St, Thomas, and Grand Turk. i am looking at swapping to Sunshine May 16 to St. Marteen, St Kitts, San Juan, and Grand Turk. i was wondering if anyone had any opinions that might help me make my decision easier! I am 27 and my Girl friend is 26 and we enjoy basically anything as long as it invloves sunshine and live music. Thanks in advance for any help.

Im currently booked on Valor may 23rd sailing to Nassau, San Juan, St, Thomas, and Grand Turk. i am looking at swapping to Sunshine May 16 to St. Marteen, St Kitts, San Juan, and Grand Turk. i was wondering if anyone had any opinions that might help me make my decision easier! I am 27 and my Girl friend is 26 and we enjoy basically anything as long as it invloves sunshine and live music. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sunshine has better ports IMHO but I won't be on her for 3 more weeks so I can't compare. Loved the layout of her original sister ship, Victory, and am excited for all the upgrades. We are not pool people, and live on our balcony, so the serenity matters not, nor does the fact that she only has one main pool. Our kids will love the larger water park and the sports square. Plus I like the Conquest class of ships like the Valor least of all. Sunshine gets mixed reviews, but knowing where the issues are (delays for comedy club, small show venue) etc are helpful so we can plan accordingly so I am optimistic we will love her. If the music is important to you, then Valor might be a better call - but I am not sure which ship has more.

I have been on the Valor twice and going on it a third time in one month. Last spring break we went on Sunshine. I have never been more disappointed then when I was on the Sunshine. The public areas are very crowded, the service is not the same. The cabins are smaller, never saw the room steward the entire cruise. It was the first time out of my 7 cruises with Carnival that I removed the automatic tips. I did tip my room steward and waiters but not as much as the other cruise. I will never sail Sunshine again.

Was booked on the Liberty but when it was announced that the Liberty would switch ports with the Valor, I switched to the Sunshine. I switched because the Valor does not have the 2.0 upgrades.

If I were you, I would go to Youtube and watch as many videos of both ships as you please to help make your decision.

I been on 14 cruises of which 10 have been on Carnival. I love CC mostly because it's fun to read. However, I would never....I mean never let anyone, who I know nothing about, opinion influence which cruise line or ship I sail on!!!

The 2.0 upgrades aren't a big deal really.

Sunshine offers- Havana Bar in the Lido marketplace but all the ships I been on have a bar there anyways

Sunshine has the Asian Kitchen, dinner for a extra fee, Valor has complimentary mongolian wok

Sunshine offers Cucina d el Capitano, dinner for extra fee

Valor offers Fish and Chips

Valor offers Burrito Bar and the Sunshine has Blue Iguana Cantina

Sunshine offers Guys burger joint (real real greasy hamburgers and fries, if the OP likes this OP just think of how many times you really going to eat this), she also has the Blue Iguana Cantina

Sunshine two outdoor bars blue iguana tequila bar and red frog rum bar and the Valor has two bars outside there also.

Sunshine has EA sports bar and Valor has the Bronx Sports Bar

Both ships have the steakhouse

Sunshine has the Alchemy bar and Valor has the Wine bar (you can get all types of cocktails here)

Honestly the 2.0 upgrades really aren't a huge deal....both have the "punch liners breakfast days at sea

The Valor is 110,000 Gross Tons and 952 sq ft. length

Sunshine is 101,353 Gross Tons and 893 sq. ft. length

I agree with the poster that said the Sunshine has better ports by comparison between the two.

As far as 2.0, I doubt I will sail on a ship without them unless it's a fantasy class, which those I just like because of the size and ambiance of a smaller ship. JiJi and Cucina are free for lunch. Guys Burgers are good. My son loves them. I can take or leave them. Eat one and then decide for yourself:o

Since both will be sailing out of Port Canaveral, my favorite port, I would pick the Sunshine. Of course I'm partial since I'm currently booked on her. My brother is booked on the Valor repo. His second time on there. So it's a personal choice. Go for the ports and price. I would say you will enjoy either ship.