I'm passing on News from Jane again

LaPaloma

Will give 'hellos' to everyone. I think that the woman on the far left is Anthony's Fran. Yes, I was busy at the bar, and somehow missed the photo snap. Leanne is fine, and is transferring to the Spirit to expand her horizons. She and Sandrine are so organized in the dining room, it's a pleasure to see them work. Tonight Robert Craig is entertaining, but I can hear him in the computer room. <vbg>

Plus I have to go pack....Pack, you say?????

Today when we returned from traversing the countryside around Waterford, which included a stop in the obligatory pub, Captain TT announced that there had been an oil leak in the engine room and we would not be sailing tonight as scheduled. In fact, they hope we can leave by Friday evening.

Ok by me, after all, it's not a hurricane, typhoon, or being trampled in Iraq. The staff has been busy planning, and those of us who opt to go to Dublin will take a 4 hour drive north, stay at a nice hotel overnight and get all of the sceduled activities for free. There are also new trips for those who remain on the ship, including Cork and the Blarney Stone. It will be interesting to see how the ducks line up, but again, any day on the Seabourn is pretty nice, whatever they arrange. The Virtuoso trip on Friday will do a half day and the return us to Waterford in the afternoon. I think it will be a lark. Aaannthony and fran are going, but I haven't seen Len and Lynn since lunch. there are about 180 on board, apparently.

The weather has been misty, but not inconvenient. Our day in Falmouth was one of hose stunning summer days. I have fallen in love with Cornwall. The scenery and coastlline is gorgous. Since today I managed to stay out of the Waterford crystal factory and shop, I am ahead of the game!

BTW, the breadsticks are still great and i am now having my BBC;s for dessert as well as the breakfast.. later, Jane

Sounds like a lot of fun, Jane.

Please give my best and a hug to Leeann. Can you find out when she'll be on the Spirit? It would be fantastic if she is on for my cruise from October 23.

Please also say hi to Jan. Just say Norman the Photographer and she'll know who I am.

Have a great trip, Jane and LP.

Message for Jane:

If she liked Cornwall, she should try St Ives next time. We spent a week there in June - last time we went to Cornwall was 33 years ago - and just loved it.

Found great restaurants and it also has a branch of the Tate Modern and a Barbara Hepworth garden.

So pleased to hear Leanne is going to the Spirit (she did say she was hoping to). Hopefully she will be there when we are on in February.

Hi Henry - how are you?

Shelagh

Archived