Chocolate buffet?

jbd2003

Does HAL still have the midnight chocolate buffet or whatever they called it. We went once but were so tired by the time pictures were taken that we went to bed. We did stay up once though and it was fabulous. I'm just curious.

On Eurodam 2011 and Westerdam 2012 they had "Dessert Extravaganza" at night in the pool area. The food looked really pretty -- I liked the carved fruit sculptures. I took quite a few photos, but I don't remember eating much.

I have to agree with a previous post, many of the people lining up for treats were like pigs at a trough. You'd think they hadn't eaten all day. Ha ha, fun times.:D

On Eurodam 2011 and Westerdam 2012 they had "Dessert Extravaganza" at night in the pool area. The food looked really pretty -- I liked the carved fruit sculptures. I took quite a few photos, but I don't remember eating much.

I have to agree with a previous post, many of the people lining up for treats were like pigs at a trough. You'd think they hadn't eaten all day. Ha ha, fun times.:D

I am a chocoholic. Oh well maybe they have the chocolate lava cake or whatever they call it. We will be on the Westerdam on Mar. 7. I'm getting excited:eek::) It can't come to soon.

Noordam Nov. 2014 had it as the "Tea Extravaganza" in the afternoon.

and it was like wild, uncaged pigs rushing the buffet lines, rather than servers with trays (as the typical tea would have been).

just awful.

I have not actually seen much of that behaviour, but have certainly read some posts on CC bragging about "hogs to the trough" behaviour. Don't you just pity the people who are so uncouth?

Every ship, every lunch time, in the Lido, there will be at least one flavor of bread pudding served. :)

No, no, no!!! Why did you have to do that Ruth. Please now. I can't get it out of my head when I think of it:D

I try to eat very few desserts, sweets, etc. but I can not resist that delish bread pudding.

It's funny when you see someone opening the lid and then looking awkward because they have no idea what it is and walking away :cool:

More for me, yay! :p

You can find the bread pudding where the ice cream is being served. Just ask.

Not sure if this was a 1 time thing (at least, first time I saw it) but halfway through my B2B in January, they put it at the end of the buffet line and no longer on the side near the ice cream station.

Edited by headhunterke

It's been years since I saw a midnight chocolate buffet on ANY cruise line...do they still do these anywhere, on any ship?

I lost all interest in going to them after I watched a dozen people from the same party, all at the front of the line, pile their plates a foot high with the chocolate covered strawberries, wiping out the entire inventory before anyone else could get any. Then an hour later I saw these same plates out on empty tables only half-consumed, with piles of uneaten strawberries left to be thrown away.

Fortunately this was NOT on a HAL cruise. :p

I am a chocoholic. Oh well maybe they have the chocolate lava cake or whatever they call it. We will be on the Westerdam on Mar. 7. I'm getting excited:eek::) It can't come to soon.

Sorry, I'm beating you to all of the chocolate choices! See you aboard on March 7th! :)

Does HAL still have the midnight chocolate buffet or whatever they called it. We went once but were so tired by the time pictures were taken that we went to bed. We did stay up once though and it was fabulous. I'm just curious.

It would seem that "midnight buffets" are kind of a thing of the past. Which is not entirely a bad thing, I think I gained 10 lbs on my last cruise. :)

This is one casualty of the HAL cost cutting program that I'm glad to see go. Although they were beautiful to look at, the desserts never tasted like much and mostly went to waste.

The last thing most HAL passengers need is more unhealthy calories to be eaten at Midnight. Good riddance.

Sorry, I'm beating you to all of the chocolate choices! See you aboard on March 7th! :)

No, no, not the chocolate Indy! :pI can't believe you would take all the chocolate before me. lol I really don't need it but love it.

• 2 weeks later...

On my last 3 HAL cruises, which have been longer than 7 nights each, one night there has been a 10:30pm Chocolate Extravaganza, which included ice sculptures, white and dark chocolate fountains with fruit and pound cake for dipping, many small cakes and cookies, coffees, teas, and of course cocktails available for purchase. It was artfully arranged, worth staying up for the photos, but not like the old days where we could fuel ourselves to dance until 3:00am. Does anyone do that on HAL anymore? Maybe that's the idea.

Sent from my 20CDS02B00 using Tapatalk

On my last 3 HAL cruises, which have been longer than 7 nights each, one night there has been a 10:30pm Chocolate Extravaganza, which included ice sculptures, white and dark chocolate fountains with fruit and pound cake for dipping, many small cakes and cookies, coffees, teas, and of course cocktails available for purchase. It was artfully arranged, worth staying up for the photos, but not like the old days where we could fuel ourselves to dance until 3:00am. Does anyone do that on HAL anymore? Maybe that's the idea.

Sent from my 20CDS02B00 using Tapatalk

We had the same on our November 2013 TA from Rome to FLL on the Prinsendam.