Chocolate buffet?

jbd2003

Does HAL still have the midnight chocolate buffet or whatever they called it. We went once but were so tired by the time pictures were taken that we went to bed. We did stay up once though and it was fabulous. I'm just curious.

I wondered why I haven't heard any discussion. Our first cruise was on HAL Zaandam in 2003 and I remembered how much we enjoyed it.

Ewwwwwww, their finger in the chocolate. That is disgusting.

Thanks for answering me. Now I won't have to stay up till midnight!:D

It went from a chocolate extravaganza to a dessert extravaganza.

I remember going to them in the MDR in the afternoon!

But don't go to bed too early, there is a "snack" served in the Lido around 11 p.m. that includes all kinds of food and desserts. It's every night, I think. I am usually in the Piano Bar, so I don't attend!

The chocolate/dessert extravaganzas were always so lovely. But to me it wasn't worth attending after a while. Although they were tasty enough, none (whether HAL, Disney, Princess, or Royal Caribbean) were ever as delicious as they looked.

Checked my notes from the Westerdam. It wasn't called the Dessert Extravaganza -- it was called "Tea Extravaganza as there wasn't any afternoon that day in the dining room.

You could get tea -- but many people were ordering cocktails and there was a special drink that day -- prosseco and raspberry kir -- we got those -- delicious.

5_Westerdam_Cruise_2013_050.JPG

Longer cruises tend to have a dessert extravaganza which now seems to be in the afternoon and in the atrium as previously mentioned. There was one on a long cruise last year which was beautiful and the best part was, not everything was edible and many pieces were just for show (chocolate covered foam or wood sculpture) so less waste.

This is a little off topic, but I'm going to risk the question, anyway. The last time we cruised HAL was on the old Noordam during its last year of service. At the time, they served a bread pudding with a vanilla sauce that was out of this world. We are booked on the Maasdam in May and I was wondering if that bread pudding is still being served.

Thanks in advance.

Does HAL still have the midnight chocolate buffet or whatever they called it. We went once but were so tired by the time pictures were taken that we went to bed. We did stay up once though and it was fabulous. I'm just curious.

It has been several years from what I can remember.

This is a little off topic, but I'm going to risk the question, anyway. The last time we cruised HAL was on the old Noordam during its last year of service. At the time, they served a bread pudding with a vanilla sauce that was out of this world. We are booked on the Maasdam in May and I was wondering if that bread pudding is still being served.

Thanks in advance.

Every ship, every lunch time, in the Lido, there will be at least one flavor of bread pudding served. :)

Thanks in advance.

Indeed, it is served every day in Lido at lunch.

If you don't see it, ask. They sometimes do a chocolate bread pudding or other flavors but most usually the 'classic'. :)